PDA

View Full Version : How much do you drink?

MandySlade
23-08-11, 07:25
Going alone with a thread I posted in the Health Anxiety forum, I'm just curious how much of us with anxiety, on average, drink.

paulst
23-08-11, 08:40
Im not much of a drinker to start with, just the odd glass of wine. If I drink anymore, I get side effects from my citalopram:)

Yorkman
23-08-11, 09:24
I haven't touched a drop for 3 weeks since I started citalopram .

debs71
23-08-11, 10:49
I'm a rubbish drinker.

I don't like the taste of alcohol for starters and only really drink it to be sociable (at family do's for instance) and even then it is just a glass of white wine.

It only takes me a couple of glasses and I am under the table as well! I remember when I was at university and was plied with numerous bottles of 'Diamond White' cider by well wishing celebrants on my birthday.....I spent all night with my head down the toilet.

NOT pleasant....lol.:D

KayleighJane
23-08-11, 11:18
I'm a rubbish drinker.

I don't like the taste of alcohol for starters and only really drink it to be sociable (at family do's for instance) and even then it is just a glass of white wine.

It only takes me a couple of glasses and I am under the table as well! I remember when I was at university and was plied with numerous bottles of 'Diamond White' cider by well wishing celebrants on my birthday.....I spent all night with my head down the toilet.

NOT pleasant....lol.:D

:roflmao: we have all been there I am sure lol

debs71
23-08-11, 11:21
:roflmao: we have all been there I am sure lol

LOL.....I truly thought I was dying that night....one of those things that sticks in the mind!:wacko:

FriendlyBrunette1986
23-08-11, 17:59
I tried drink a few days ago and tbf I dont miss it much. I very rarely drink. I hate hangovers, being sick is the worst thing in the world to me. Hence why Im so panicky about getting pregnant! I do like a drink dont get me wrong but in all honestly with my pills I'd rather try and stay away from drink for a lonnnggg time. Plus I know this sounds strange... but... When I drink the sugar in the drink kills my teeth and I cant eat for several days. I dont drink alcopops because they are savage!! I can do souther comfort but I dont want to drink if I can help it.

Liliana83
23-08-11, 19:25
Twice a week..3-4 glasses of wine each time...usually on the weekend with company. (I don't like anything stronger than white wine)

Tyke
24-08-11, 02:32
I stopped drinking when I started on anti-depressants, but I have been able to start again as long as I don't overdo it. I seem to be able to go up to a couple of pints a day if I want to without ill effects, but don't do this every day. I never like to have too much anyway as my body was never designed to take it! I am physically sick before I get to the stage of being completely wasted.

Tyke :wacko:

Anxious_gal
24-08-11, 02:44
I used to drink on weekends, But this year I stopped drinking, because it sets off my heart palpitations and tachycardia, I've now become a bit scared of drinking in case it induces a panic attack : (

xtremx
24-08-11, 09:32
I don't drink because it makes me feel ill within a couple of drinks, followed by 3 days of stomach 'illness'. Also I had a B12 deficiency, and alcohol saps that up. B12 deficiency can cause anxiety and depression.

WOW dahlia. I used to drink like a fish in my hayday used to drink 20-30pints aday.

But in the last year or so even a sip of alcohol would start making me feel ill and bring on anxiety and then i would spend days after feelling very ill.
Have ask ed my doctor about it and she said nothing but i think something must have caused it.

Now seens my last drink on the 2 feb 2011 (the next day was in a&e with chest pains) I have not touch a drop (to scared even to eat food stuff that may contain alcohol).

My ask about B12

Chris

crumble
24-08-11, 10:25
I used to drink on weekends, But this year I stopped drinking, because it sets off my heart palpitations and tachycardia, I've now become a bit scared of drinking in case it induces a panic attack : (

Me too, I can't really enjoy drinking now because I get what I think are ectopic beats and I really don't like it. It feels like palpitations are about to begin, but just one beat. It doesn't happen (or I don't notice it) the rest of the time so I can only put it down to the drink combined with ADs.
I've just read that caffeine is a common cause of ectopic beats and alcohol can cause or exacerbate them. Joy!!

Ingenious
24-08-11, 13:20
Staggering results - 60% drink a few times a month or less. I think that's very reflective of the fact we all know (as sufferers of anxiety or depression) that alcohol is not good for us, or has pretty serious effects on our medication.

It's really good to see though!