PDA

View Full Version : freaking out

simi
23-08-11, 11:14
Hi saw rheumatologist yesterday now freaking out. Have back pains shoulders arms and knee pain and stiffness worse in night and morning had blood tests done and given predeolone steroids he thinks its inflamation maybe polymylagia not my normal back problems,went to dr google could be cancer anyone had polymylagia thanks

countrygirl
23-08-11, 16:45
The blood tests will show for def if you have polymyalgia rheumatica. This is predominently a disease of elderly women??? and is treatable with steriods until it calms down itself which is usually does eventually.

I can't see the connection with poly r and cancer???? Did Dr Google come up with this?? I know that very very high ESR blood test readings are associated with blood cancers is this what you are worrying about?

simi
23-08-11, 19:15
Hi yeah dr google come up with the cancer, Dr said i"m a bit young to have polymyalgia nearly 60? but it could be,will take your advice and try and calm down a bit thankyou

simi
01-09-11, 14:34
Back to rheumatologist tomorrow for blood tests results taken last week. trying to keep calm but not easy I think steroids have helped a little. Must try and keep busy nice to know other people feel the same.

simi
02-09-11, 21:26
had my results and all bloods good except one which shows inflamation and means it is most lightly polymyalgia need to keep on steriods for a while, but nice to know what it is. anyone out there who has polymyalgia would love to hear your story