PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a really hard time at the moment so many bad things are happening :(

Jj8
23-08-11, 11:34
Hi Everyone

I have posted lots on here over the past year about my palpitations and how much they scare me. I have been anxiously waiting for a 72 hour ecg monitor to be fitted and an echo as the cardiologist found a heart murmur.

My partner got taken into hospital the day I had to have my monitor fitted so I was highly stressed and experianced 2 palpitations whilst I had it on, but I also has a fast heart rate due to nerves and rushing backwards and forwards to the hospital as I was really worried about him and I hate hospitals anyway. I'm really scared of what the ECG results will show. I returned the monitor yesterday do you think that they would have rang me by now if there was anything wrong?

I had an echo yesterday aswell for the murmur and the sonographer said she's not supposed to say but off the record ''it looks ok'' but then she decided to take another leftsided scan after she said that which makes me think that something is wrong. My heart was beating really fast at the time as I was nervous and stressed.
We are supposed to be going abroad on holiday on saturday but may not be able to go because of my partners admission to hospital, I'm just so stressed right now and everything seems to be going wrong, I need to look after my partner but I am finding it hard with my job, my heart worries, stress and tiredness. I just feel drained with a constent nervious feeling in my chest :( xxx

pammy1944
23-08-11, 11:44
sorry to hear about your partner ......... please dont worry about the murmur, they are very common , I've had one for 12 yrs and I'm still here ..........get some rest and I hope you can manage to get on your holiday , it will do you good xxxxx

debs71
23-08-11, 11:49
Hi,

Sorry you are having such a hard time Jj8.

Yes, I do think that they would have contacted you by now if they saw anything on the reading that was of concern. The readings are really good and give timelines and a little graph of your cardiac output, and I think that they will be more looking at an across the board reading rather than the times when you had high anxiety and palpitations are par for the course hun.

As you say yourself, you had quite an anxious time of it, so if your readings for that time period are a bit 'off' as it were, then there is good reason.

I assume they know about your history of palps/anxiety, etc.?

Try not to worry too much about the sonographer taking another scan. It is good that she is doing that as it means she is thorough, and doesn't necessarily mean there is anything of concern which is why she is doing it.

You do seem to have a lot on your plate, but try to break things down a bit, and take one step at a time. Don't sit and dwell about all the things happening - your partner sick, work, stress, etc. as all that will do is make your symptoms worse and get your head in a right tizz. Try if you can to stay as calm as poss and be a little pragmatic, as in, whatever happens will happen and YOU CAN deal with it. You are dealing with it right now anyway hun!

As far as the cardiac monitor goes, try to think 'no news is good news' thus far.

Stay strong and big hugs.xx:hugs:

Jj8
23-08-11, 12:23
Thank you very much for your replies, it means a lot. I honestly just can't believe what is happening and I'm finding it both emotionally and physically hard to carry on at the moment. I'm at work and there's so many worries going though my head like my partner being well, my heart being ok, planning for the holiday if there is going to be one and if not letting other family members down, the disappointment of not going if the doctor says he is still unwell. Plus I have to try and get over some of the things that really scared me in the hospital as my partner was put onto a cancer ward, he doesn't have cancer there were just no other beds available for him and it really upset me seeing them so ill :( i'm so sensitive to things like that it stays with me for days :(
I've got a constent nervous feeling in my chest and I just feel so so tired, can the sonographer say it looks ok even if it's not? xxx

debs71
23-08-11, 13:26
Thank you very much for your replies, it means a lot. I honestly just can't believe what is happening and I'm finding it both emotionally and physically hard to carry on at the moment. I'm at work and there's so many worries going though my head like my partner being well, my heart being ok, planning for the holiday if there is going to be one and if not letting other family members down, the disappointment of not going if the doctor says he is still unwell. Plus I have to try and get over some of the things that really scared me in the hospital as my partner was put onto a cancer ward, he doesn't have cancer there were just no other beds available for him and it really upset me seeing them so ill :( i'm so sensitive to things like that it stays with me for days :(
I've got a constent nervous feeling in my chest and I just feel so so tired, can the sonographer say it looks ok even if it's not? xxx

Well, in my experience they usually don't say anything if they think something is amiss Jj8. Or they say someyhing like the consultant has to review it and then they will let you know. They often don't like to commit themselves to any answer. They certainly don't say it is ok if it isn't hun.
That would be giving the patient the totally wrong impression.:winks:

Jj8
20-09-11, 12:51
Hi Everyone

Thank you for your help last month.

I went on holiday and had a great relaxing time, but now I have come back and the anxiety has started again :(

I have been waiting for 5 weeks now for the results of my heart monitor and echo, please can someone tell me how long they had to wait for the results? My results are supposed to be going back to a cardiologist who will then send an appointment for me to go and see him. I'm really worried about the heart murmur he found and the palpitations that I have :( and just want to know if it is really serious

Please can someone help me xx

countrygirl
20-09-11, 13:43
It is absolutely normal to wait up to 6-8 weeks for the results of moniter and echo, in fact waiting shows nothing extremely serious is going on as what happens is that a technician analyses your moniter and then it is sent to cardiologist for confirmation and same with your echo the radiograpehr does a report which is sent to cardio for confirmation. IF either the tech or the radiographer pick up something really serious then this is immediately given to the cardio and things mover fast ( I was told all this by the hospital so its true!). They said if you haven't heard in 8 weeks then chase your cardios sec or whoever sent you for the tests as the less urgent the findings the longer you wait.

So glad you had a lovely holiday with your partner and hope he is well now.

Jj8
20-09-11, 14:08
Hi countrygirl thank you for your reply it's really kind of you. I am hoping so... I hate waiting for test results, I know that I had palpitations caught on the monitor as it was a really stressful time for me! So I'm just worried about the findings, but no news is good news I hope!! xx

Ddcoo
20-09-11, 14:40
I had an ecg monitor a year ago and it took ages for the results to come back and like you I was stressed waiting for the results; eventually I was called back and I was told "Well, you get your fair share of ectopic beats".
There was nothing else wrong and it was a great relief and so I left the hospital a happy bunny! Maybe the results are already at your doctors surgery, I think I am right in saying that the results get sent there too, so you could phone and ask and then your doctor would tell you. Hope this helps.

Glad you had a good holiday and that your partner is now better.:yesyes:

Jj8
21-09-11, 13:56
Hi Everyone

I recieved a letter from the hospital today!! To say that there are no problems and the Cardiologist is discharging me!!!! :yesyes: Honestly cant believe it! After weeks and weeks of worrying over the palpitations and the murmur it has really destroyed my life and ruiened what should have been some very special times! I hope my posts can in some way help people who are, or have been going though the same thing xxx

wiskersonkittens
21-09-11, 15:21
Jj8 -- first of all, take a deep breath. It is no wonder you feel like you do -- you have the weight of the world on you. That, in itself, will cause all sorts of strange sensations and symptoms. You have done the right thing by consulting your doctor, but from what you have said, I really think you are fine. I have had so many heart sensations that I spent a month with my cardio and there was nothing wrong. I don't like it either when they have to go back and check something again, but maybe it was just the picture wasn't clear and she needed to get another shot. Something that simple. But, I would be like you -- what did she see? I do really think all this is stress/anxiety related. I have heard if it really is a heart issue, you would know it. And, a murmer doesn't necessarily mean anything serious. I had one -- I had MVP, but now the doc says I don't. Just one of those glitches.
Just breathe.
Please do let us know the findings. You will be in my thoughts ....
Hugs, Wiskers ~

P.S. I just read your above post -- (sorry, I don't read posts before I post -- ha!) -- Congratulations!!!! See -- everything was fine! I am so happy for you!

Jj8
22-09-11, 10:02
You were right hun! :) Thank you for taking the time to post, so happy that this whole thing is over now! At least one good thing has come out of it...I've stopped smoking!! I'm not even scared of the palps any more I had a few yesterday but I just don't care! :hugs: x