PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and Syndol

SH412
23-08-11, 13:27
Does anyone know if it is safe to take Syndol whilst on Citalopram? I have a terrible migraine and this is what has been given to me by pharmacist?

x

no_name
23-08-11, 15:12
It contains paracetamol so it should be OK to take it. Avoid NSAIDs such as aspirin, ibuprofen...

Belleblue
23-08-11, 16:35
I occasionally get very bad headaches and have taken Syndol with Mirtazapine and have had no difficulty or bad side effects. Did you tell the pharmacist that you are on citalopram?
Belle x

no_name
23-08-11, 18:37
I occasionally get very bad headaches and have taken Syndol with Mirtazapine and have had no difficulty or bad side effects. Did you tell the pharmacist that you are on citalopram?
Belle x
Mirtazapine is not an SSRI, it's a tetracyclic AD. SSRI's should not be taken along with NSAIDs because of the increased risk of unusual bleeding! (i have written some words about that in a similar topic in this forum) So as i said- paracetamol is safe for sure (so should be Syndol)!

eternally optimistic
23-08-11, 19:38
Hi

I am on citalopram and use syndol.

I do find one makes me quite sleepy (and relaxed) and two knock me out.

I started using them when I got head and facial pain from anxiety - definitely help.

Belleblue
23-08-11, 20:16
Mirtazapine is not an SSRI, it's a tetracyclic AD. SSRI's should not be taken along with NSAIDs because of the increased risk of unusual bleeding! (i have written some words about that in a similar topic in this forum) So as i said- paracetamol is safe for sure (so should be Syndol)!
Yup - I know what it is :D

Syndol also contains codeine which can make one drowsy - this effect may be exarcerbated by the citalopram - so it might be advisable to double check with your pharmacist or GP Kaidensmum. Take care.
Belle x