PDA

View Full Version : urethral sydrome

bronte
23-08-11, 14:47
Hi has anyone heard or suffers with this has ive been told i may have this and am waiting for test ive been getting pain and pressure in my bladder and urethra and blood in my urine but have no infection the pain seems worse when im stressed
jayne x

snowgoose
23-08-11, 15:20
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2029016/A-trip-physio-help-banish-chronic-cystitis.html

just read this today and wonder if it would help any of you fellow forum pals who have this distressing symptom .

Mind the Daily Mail health pages are akin to Dr Google sometimes ...........

:hugs:

bronte
23-08-11, 16:30
thats very interesting thankyou snowgoose

countrygirl
23-08-11, 16:35
Hi Jayne

Didn't even know this existed but then I have not googled urethra for my symptoms and at least after the cystoscopy I will know whats what.

Have you had your other tests yet??

bronte
23-08-11, 17:28
hi countrygirl if they find nothing in your bladder will you have to have investigations on your kidneys again with it being more blood than usual or are they just waiting and seeing. Yes ive got ultrasound on my kidney ureter and bladder on 10th sept and ive already had xray on abdomen have you heard anything yet

Diva
24-08-11, 23:14
Hi both

I have suffered from similar symptoms for a year now and both of you replied to me when I was going thru' a tough time.

I had a few sessions of physio and acupuncture but the best advice I can give is to try relaxing the pelvic floor by standing back against a wall with palms flat, feet apart then slowly slide hands down the wall 'till you are squatting. Stay like that for 30 seconds then move up slowly.

A few of these morning and night will really help relax those muscles and may help your symptoms. Another good one is the yoga warrior pose (google it).

Also, try avoiding tomatoes, soy sauce, chinese food or anything containing MSG, worcester sauce and chocolate. All of these makes me flare.

There have also been reports of 1000 mg of Calcium Citrate per day having good effects.

I've also got lidocaine anthesthetic gel that can be applied for really sore times (i think it's what they use for internals) and have heard some use vaginal suppositories, although I've never tried them.

Best of luck

Donna

bronte
25-08-11, 15:44
Thanks Donna for the advice your very kind will give it a go
jayne x

countrygirl
25-08-11, 17:33
Hi Jayne - I had my kidneys well investigated many in the past and my recent kidney function test showed 100% function so there is no need to do anything like IV pyelogram ( xray with dye). This one stop clinic I am going to could do ultrasound there and then as well as the cystoscopy, they can do all sorts of tests apparently saving you having to keep going back for one test at a time but until I get there I don't know other than cystoscopy what they will do.

Diazepam here I come!

Hazel B
25-08-11, 17:37
http://www.cobfoundation.org/

This is a great organisation that can help with bladder issues.