PDA

View Full Version : Change of meds

Jenny63
23-08-11, 16:40
Went to see the doc yesterday and have managed to get my old anti-depressant although in a different way.

Was on Triptofen M but they stopped making it. She has prescribed the two ingredients separately for me. Amytryptolene (10mg) and Fentazin (2 mg). It always worked for me with no side effects or anything and could come off easy too :)

I am tapering the Sertraline, down to half 25mg at the mo.

snowgoose
23-08-11, 16:53
good luck jenny :hugs:

read your success post the other day and replied ........absolutely wonderful to hear that your day had been a success and you had fought and won.

I was treated on mix of tricyclics ...worked wonders .....and am sure doctors should not discount them with the emphasis on SSRIs . they have a lot to offer .

keep on pushing those boundaries ............hope the new meds help .

:hugs:

Jenny63
23-08-11, 17:14
Thanks Snowgoose

I agree, doctors are all for the newer ones but some of the old ones are still good. My doc has been trying to get me on the newer ones for ages and at one point put a note on my records saying I was ' refusing to move on' !!!:wacko: Yet I know what works for me, end of.

Have had an up and down week really but I know it takes time and will try and be patient.

Actually I forgot I posted that and will have to go back and look lol

Jenny63
27-08-11, 22:25
Completely off the Sertraline now. Sleeping for England and feel so much better