PDA

View Full Version : new lad needs help please!!!

markb83
23-08-11, 17:55
hi every1 im just wondering if anybody can help. Im a 27 y old man from the uk and i suffer really badly from anxiety. Im a popular lad who knows everybody, and i come across as confident and im a bit of a show off! This isnt who i really am. I worry about absolutely everything, and sometimes about stuff that hasnt really happened. I will get something in my head and then worry about the worst possible outcome that can happen, and before i know it im in a right mess. As a kid at school i was exactly the same and missed many days off school because of it. Today is the first time it has effected my job, so i thought enough is enough and typed in anxiety on google and found this site, and other information sites. Since reading about it i think most of my worries come from alcohol. Yet when i look back over my life i have always suffered from it and i obviously never drank alcohol at school! i know it doesnt help and stopping drinking would be the first step but there are other issues. Would anybody suggest seeing my doctor? It is really getting me down it is effecting my relationship, my job, i have lost 2 and a half stone in weight and i am contantly feeling worried sick. This morning was the worst i have ever been, people were speaking to me at work n i was sweating n completly ignoring them because i was thinking and worrying so much so i had to go home. Iv tried speaking to friends but they just call me soft. Please help!!! cheers mark

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 17:56
Hi markb83

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

venusbluejeans
23-08-11, 17:57
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Rainbowdreams
23-08-11, 18:04
:) Hi Mark, welcome to this lovely website, you will make friends who are in similar situations so will understand and won't call you soft. I have been able to get help and advice from here. They even have a quiz night on Saturdays. Stay and enjoy.

Linda x
:hugs:

Velma66
23-08-11, 18:05
Hello & sorry to hear you're feeling bad.

Just want to say you are not alone in the way you're feeling, this site is full of like-minded people & you will get a lot of help & support on this site from individuals who have experienced this too. I've found it's content invaluable.

Take care of yourself x

Brownin
23-08-11, 18:11
They even have a quiz night on Saturdays.
What time on saturday? :)

Rainbowdreams
23-08-11, 18:13
9pm

xx:yesyes:

markb83
23-08-11, 18:18
cheers every1 i really appreciate it and hope to learn from all of you!

Yorkman
23-08-11, 18:38
i can relate to you mark. i have to put on a brave face at work when inside i feel like total crap.
ive been suffering for a year plus, got a lot worse overnight really and had to eventually see a doctor who diagnosed anxiety obviously and put me on citalopram, this was 3 weeks ago.
if you need to chat then pm me.
i also lost weight, had no appetite, always worried, felt crap, didnt want to get out of bed, had no motivation etc etc

markb83
23-08-11, 19:38
cheers yorkman. i think i will have to go to the doctors because im a mess. im also determined to stop drinking because this is where the majority of my problems stem from, but its easier sed than done. iv heard about citalopram, i just need something that will stop me over reacting to completely unrealistic thoughts coming into my head. i know these thoughts have almost no chance of happening but it doesnt stop me beating myself up over it. i just think to myself sometimes that i just want to run away from it all n start again sumwhere but i have to many responsibilities. i completely lost it this morning i walked out of work n nearly booked a 1 way flight to spain! sounds pathetic but its just how i feel! oh well il battle on, but this website is certainly helping me already so thanks to every1.

Yorkman
23-08-11, 22:34
Ive stopped drinking alcohol. I was having a few shorts every night.
I think it was an escape, I was trying to get rid of my anxiety and gang ups with drink.
I haven't touched any for 3 week since I've been on the tablets.
Hang in there! And take care.
You gotta look after yourself, I've found no one really understands me totally

terror-x
24-08-11, 00:15
welcome mark as yorkman says i can relate aswell im 27 bit of a show of myself good person in general but then like nothing i will think of somthing and thats it the worlds gona end i panic heart goes mad and im in such a mess but i have been helped on this forum mate like you wouldent belvoe and so i know you will find the same help as i did

IAM
24-08-11, 20:07
Hi,

I am the same way, I worry about everything and make a problem in my head out of nothing, I try to be very busy and work out alot and that has helped me alot. I had to stop the party drinking cus I would get so bad the day after. I hope you find some help:-)

N