PDA

View Full Version : aggressive & angry

lizmarshall
11-05-06, 10:17
Does anyone else get aggessive and angry since having PA's?

I have a bad short fuse temper anyway but seems to be getting worse, a no nonsense kind of worse, my husband woffles on about aload of crap most of the time and usually i can just sit there and laugh but lately i just want to tell him to F***off.

Is this normal?

Liz xx

henri
11-05-06, 10:28
Hi Liz,

I get this sometimes, not so much aggressive, but really angry with people for no particular reason. I think it stems from a sense of frustration and jealousy - you know, 'why do i get this panic thing? why doesn't he get it? why doesn't he understand it? it's not fair, why me etc etc. Throw that time of the month into the mix and i'm a total nightmare!
Anxiety can be a really intense emotion and I think it can also intensify other emotions within us. I try to do stuff like read books about positive thinking, i do yoga and try to do anything i can to stay relaxed, positive and calm. Easier said than done, obviously...

Henri x

giddy
11-05-06, 16:18
Hi - I don't really feel aggressive, but I do find I'm much more irritable and get quite snappy at people - unfortunatly its usually the good people who are supporting me. My poor husband often gets it in the neck, luckily he's very understanding!! I also find I get wound up about the smallest thing and have to really tell myself its just not that important. I think anxiety makes us a lot more sensitive to things and being tired as well doesn't help. Maybe try laughing at your husband anyway (even if you don't feel like it!!), you never know it may turn into a real laugh!!
Love Helen

marie ross
11-05-06, 19:16
Hi Liz,

I've noticed that i seem to get angry and fed-up a lot more, over stupid little things as well. I'm the same as giddy, always snapping at people who are there to help me, in fact i've just bit my boyfriends head off, and he's sloped off into the front room. I'll go in, in a minute and in my sweetest voice ask how his day was!!!! (I'll even try to look interested!!!) If i go into a shop and i have to queue (Hate it, hate it!!) and someone in front of me pays with a debit card etc and it takes them ages i get really angry, or if i'm walking to work, i have to walk really fast and try not to stop, but if someone dares gets in my way, they certainly get my evil eye!!!! I don't know why i'm like this now, i used to be really patient, but its just that lately little things really get under my skin. I'm going to try to be good from now on!!!!

Marie XXX

nomorepanic
11-05-06, 20:03
Try this post as well...
http://www.nomorepanic.org.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2079

Nicola

mirry
12-05-06, 07:31
I imagine this book may help,
"Anger: BUDDIST WISDOM FOR COOLING THE FLAMES"
BY Nhich nhat hanh.

:D

mirryx

susan
14-05-06, 20:58
:D Oh Liz! Youve got no idea how much youve cheered me up! I have a partner who prattles on- completely self absorbed. -And he makes a noise when he eats. And hums constantly. And bites his nails. Shall I go on...? Sometimes I want to wack him hard with the frying pan! I dont of course. But I do resort to hard stares and the odd "Shut up, shut up!" I also lost the plot in Mc Donalds yesterday. (had been forced in- NOT my wish!) Fillet of fish is Not a vegetarian meal. It wasnt that big a deal tho! I may return to apologise one day! When told I had to pay for councilling and was sent a rather lame self help paper from the clinic I had been told would refer me to a psychologist...I returned the envelope in person with a strong letter of dissatisfaction. I am a warm, compasionate person. Just sometimes it feels like one straw too many! I try to think of it as being colourful! My family just laugh. (Bless them!) Best of luck Liz! - Its just stress! Love Susan. x [}:)]

sue

Daisybun
14-05-06, 21:17
I get a bit irritable, I think its just that my body has used up all its energy in dealing with the panic and anxiety!

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

lizmarshall
15-05-06, 10:24
Thanks guys, i just didnt want to be on my own with this.

Liz

ruthb1
15-05-06, 11:19
i get really irritable and short tempered over the silliest of things, i feel sometimes like i am a big moaner, i know it has to stop but i cant stop it, i cant seem to relax and the tension is unberable sometimes. you are not alone on this i think all sufferes feel the same take care Ruth x