PDA

View Full Version : For Diane.....

bottleblond
23-08-11, 21:00
I just want to give my lovely mate Bootsie aka Diane aka Di a massive hug as she has had some pretty stressful stuff going on.

Di...If i lived closer to you my darlin mate i would give this to you in person :bighug1:

You're a very special lady mate and i just hope you get some R and R soon.

Much love to you and your lovely family
Lisa
xxx
:flowers:

KK77
23-08-11, 21:11
Sorry to hear this Bootsie but I know you're a survivor and will overcome whatever life throws at you.

Big MM hugs :D

Hazel B
23-08-11, 21:34
:hugs:

suzy-sue
23-08-11, 21:51
Hope things get better soon Di ..Thinking of you luv Sue :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:xxxxx x

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 21:56
Di

Sorry you have had a bad few days mate.

You know I am always here if you want a chat.

Take care xxx

diane07
23-08-11, 23:45
Thank you lisa, if you were with me i'd so gladly take that hug right now.

Thank you nic for being there, i don't know how i'd cope without you and lisa right now.

Mel Hazel and Sue, thank you so much for your good wishes.

My family dog attacked my little girl on sunday night, this is my little girl who my dog adores so much, i can't understand it, i can't get my head round why she would do it, it makes no sense in me trying to understand it at all.

I have heard everyones views on what should be done with the dog and what shouldn't.

It is such a huge debateable issue with animal lovers and parents with children.

I just need a bit of support to be honest, my dog is being removed from the home, so my daughter is okay, its just a very upsetting time as i can't get my head around it all.

:weep:

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 23:56
Di

You know how upset I was last night to hear this because of 2 things - a) your dog hurt your daughter and that has scared you all and hurt her too and b) I know how much you love your dog and how much time you have devoted to her since you got her and can't understand why she did it.

At the moment it is all a big shock and it will take time for Lucy to get over the shock and injuries and you and the family to accept what has happened.

I think you have done the right thing both for your daughter and the dog.

I hope she gets well soon mate xxx

suzy-sue
23-08-11, 23:59
Oh Bless Di :hugs:,,Hope your Daughter is doing ok ? Such a predicament to be in :lac:..Love to you all.. and some more Big hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:luv Sue xx

yvonne_uk_98
24-08-11, 01:32
Hi Di,

thinking of you and your daughter, and praying for you both. sending you lots of hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bill
24-08-11, 03:16
Hello Di:hugs:

Just wanted to add some hugs. You know how highly I think of you.:bighug1:

Chem
24-08-11, 03:29
Huge hugs Di. You know I'll deliver them if you want......

I am so sorry about your dog, but glad to hear that your daughter isn't badly hurt.

You never can tell with dogs. I had one that was with me alone for 4 years and was my best friend. I was nervous when I had my daughter in case the dog would be jealous, but she guarded the pram and let me know whenever the baby cried. I trusted her implicitly with my daughter.

A few years later, my cousin visited with 2 children. They were trying to stroke the dog and reaching out at her from both sides. I warned them not to back her into a corner, but they trapped her under the table. I can still see her bared teeth as she snarled at them. I was horrified and shocked. She didn't touch them, but I never trusted her with children from then on.

I'm sorry you are losing your dog. I think you are doing the right thing, although it hurts. :hugs::hugs:

xBettyBoopx
24-08-11, 04:32
I am so sorry to hear about this Diane. I hope your daughter is okay. Hugs to you all :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Love
Els
xxx

eeyorelover
24-08-11, 05:26
Sending you (((HUGS))) my sweet friend!
xxx
Sandy

diane07
24-08-11, 08:23
Thank you all so much for all your kind wishes.

My little girl is recovering quickly, swelling gone down, she won't be scarred for life, so that i am so relieved, she is bridesmaid this weekend for her dad so i hope the scars she does have are not too noticeable as it will be a constant reminder on the photos.

My lucy is a total animal lover and forgave the dog instantly, although i cannot, the whole situation has pretty much traumatised me and this is the only place i can talk about it at the moment.

If i could actually reach the hugs i'd take them, i could really do with them.

Thank you so much.

di xxx

Elen
24-08-11, 08:45
Hi Diane

What a horrible situation to be in.

Like our blips, attacks like this are rarely without cause or warning, however subtle these may be.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

I am a member of quite a few very good dog forums that can perhaps help to explain what has happened.

All the best to you at this stressful time.

Elen

diane07
24-08-11, 11:21
Thank you elen,

I have to go back to work now but will pm you later if its okay and maybe you can help me to understand why she attacked, i can explain in the pm what happened, it will never change my mind on keeping my dog as it didn't just bite her once and then stop, it carried on.

But it may help me come to terms with it and sleep at night if i can even slightly understand why she turned.

My dog is a German Shepherd, it may help you get more info about it if you know what breed it is.

Thank you again Elen and i'll pm you when i'm home from work.

di xx

amandaj
24-08-11, 11:51
sorry to hear this di:hugs:

sunshine-lady
24-08-11, 13:16
Sending you hugs Di :hugs:

Being a dog lover I can certainly empathise the situation that you are in. I have 5 dogs and they are all big soft puddings, however when my granddaughter comes over I have to watch her like a hawk with them. My son and daughter-in-law seem to think that I am being too cautious, but she tries to climb on their backs (they are greyhounds) or climbs over them to lie in their bed with them! I have recently had to have words with them as if one of the dogs turned on her, it would be the dogs fault.

Take care Di, thinking of you :hugs:Di x

paula lynne
24-08-11, 13:20
Oh Di Im sorry to hear this...sending big get well hugs to Lucy, and to you xxxxx:hugs:

venusbluejeans
24-08-11, 14:00
Big hugs to you and your daughter xxxxxxx :hugs:

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZJxdm890YYgb (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZJxdm890YYgb&utm_id=7924)

bottleblond
24-08-11, 14:43
Di

Sumo is the most friendly dog in the world. If you came into my house, he'd be on your knee before you even had the chance to sit down. BUT he's not good at all with young kids. There was this one time when Ben was at nursery school, i tied the dog up outside until i took Ben in, when i got back out, i was just untying his lead when a little girl came over and went to pet him. The dog snarled at her and went to bite her but by luck, i had a hold of the lead and yanked him back. I was mortified as he had never done this before.

He's growelled at other kids since then but most of the time he won't. I don't take the chance though and make sure if young kids are near him then i'm on my hunkers beside them.

He NEVER does this with adults or even older kids but for some reason, i think younger kids intimidate him and i don't know why.

You said Perdy was in season mate, could this possibly contributed to her actions?

xxxxx

KK77
24-08-11, 16:25
So sorry this happened Di. As much as we love our pets they're still animals with animal instincts. And I guess at times they swing between being our loving "pet" and for some unknown reason an unpredictable animal. I think young children can frighten/threaten animals with their quick, unpredictable reflexes/actions and loud voices. And sometimes perhaps jealousy plays a role too, especially with certain breeds.

Whatever it was that provoked this attack I fully understand your sentiments and predicament. Only you know what's best for your daughter and her safety and I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

Much love and hugs. You know I'm only a PM away if you want a chat or need a bit of MM cheering up...

Magic
24-08-11, 17:02
Hi Di,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

sunshine-lady
24-08-11, 17:44
Awww Di, what a predicament to be in. Sumo is obviously a very loved boy but of course your daughter comes first. Maybe children intimidate him or he may feel that he can dominate them? Has Sumo been castrated?

Sending you hugs :hugs: xx Di xx

saro
24-08-11, 18:37
Big hugs for you diane xxxxxxx :hugs: :hugs:

sarah xx

bottleblond
24-08-11, 19:06
Awww Di, what a predicament to be in. Sumo is obviously a very loved boy but of course your daughter comes first. Maybe children intimidate him or he may feel that he can dominate them? Has Sumo been castrated?

Sending you hugs :hugs: xx Di xx

Sumo is my dog hun lol

Vanilla Sky
24-08-11, 19:41
So sorry Di , Love and hugs to you and your family and the doggie :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Paige xxx

sunshine-lady
24-08-11, 21:09
Sumo is my dog hun lol

lol I know, I call my dogs 'my boys' xxx

diane07
24-08-11, 23:34
You have all been so lovely in your comments and it has made me cry at times, not in a bad way but just because of the support for me, i do wish everyone in the none computer world could be the same.

My daughter and my dog, its too easy to sit and judge when its not there household that has fallen apart.

I have had to work so long today and haven't had much time to reply to anything, i do thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support.

You are all amazing people who actually care even though most of us have never even met.

Don't know how i'd cope without you all.

I have spoken to lisa by the way about my dog being in season and no she finished last week, and i will pm my lovely friends who have sent the most precious pms to me, don't think i've forgotten you, i've been on a long working day today and didn't get home till 8.20pm, i will message you back.

Thank you all for your lovely messages and thoughts

di xxx

diane07
27-08-11, 22:04
My dog gets rehomed in the morning, and everyone is making me feel so bad, damn people, don't realise how hard this is.................just ranting!

nomorepanic
27-08-11, 22:35
Awww Di it is for the best mate.

Here if you want a chat ok xx

diane07
27-08-11, 23:12
Thanks nic,

You're a fab mate

Thanks for being there.

di xxxx

bottleblond
27-08-11, 23:23
My dog gets rehomed in the morning, and everyone is making me feel so bad, damn people, don't realise how hard this is.................just ranting!

Ok firstly...your dog attacked your small child. I'm sorry but i think you are doing a damn decent thing here by having her rehomed. I hoped and hoped this would be the route you went down as it would be the kindest thing all round. You love the dog but can't trust her about your daughter which is 100% understandable so you are going to give her to someone who will love her but has no kids. OK which part of that makes you bad coz i sure as hell can't see it!!

Di...this is your kid, your flesh and blood. you could have got the dog destroyed but you and i mean YOU chose to give the dog a chance with someone else. That is damn decent and if anyone makes you feel bad then remind them of what your other options were.

You did NOTHING wrong, infact you have a heart of gold

Much love mate
Lisa
xxxx

diane07
28-08-11, 00:02
Thank you lisa,

Its just so hard at the moment to take on board what is right and what is wrong.

But i do feel i'm doing the right thing,

Thanks mate xxx

bluesparkle
28-08-11, 19:09
hi di
sorry not been on for a while...
sending you loads of :hugs::hugs::hugs:
i think you have done the right thing and that is all that matters...
people who judge you have no right, you do whats best for you and your family.
how is your daughter doing?
rach
x

Chem
29-08-11, 05:04
Di there was no other way than to let the dog go. Neither you nor Lucy would have trusted her again. I'm glad you managed to find a suitable home for her and didn't have to have her put down.

I don't know what "real life" people are saying to you and it's too easy just to say ignore them. Whatever their opinions, Lucy's safety and your peace of mind come first.

Your comment about the dog having been in season made me think. Dogs often treat babies and young children with the tolerance they have for puppies. Lucy is of an age now where her hormones are changing and it's possible she didn't smell the same way to the dog any more, so lost her "puppy" status. The dog wouldn't tolerate the same things from Lucy that she used to, although none of you realised that.

I do hope that you can all recover quickly from this horrid incident.

Love & hugs :bighug1:

JT69
29-08-11, 08:17
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: for you Di.

Jo.x

suzy-sue
29-08-11, 22:36
Hope your ok Di and your daughter is recovering nicely ?..Thinking of you ..Luv Sue :hugs::flowers:xx

Bill
30-08-11, 03:05
Dear Di:hugs:
When we bought our dog many years ago, the breeder was in tears to have to part with him but although she lived miles away, every time she was in the area we used to take our dog to be reunited with her. Our dog never forgot her and would leap and bound all over her.

You have done what needed to be done and the fairest thing for the dog too but there's no reason why, if you wanted to, you and your family can't still "safely" visit just as the breeder did with our dog and probably as she did with many other dogs she bred and loved.:hugs:

suzy-sue
31-08-11, 12:12
Just heard the latest news Di .:weep:..Thinking of you and sending lots of strength and OODLES of hugs ..LUV sue xxxxxxxxx:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
01-09-11, 00:03
Di has asked me to update you all as she is too upset to post at the moment but knows that a lot of people have been thinking of her and wondering how things were going.

Her daughter is doing well and the scabs are healing nicely. She was still able to be a bridesmaid at the weekend.

As for Perdy (Di's dog) well the news isn't so good. Di tried to rehome her at the weekend but Perdy became really aggressive when she realised that she was being taken away from Di and in the end it was just not possible to rehome her.

Sadly Di has had to have her put to sleep today and as you can imagine it has been a traumatic day for her. She did stay with Perdy and has done amazingly well to cope today with all the panic, anxiety and upset.

Thinking of you Di and you did the only thing you could in the end. I know you loved Perdy very much but it just wasn't meant to be in this case and she is at peace now.

xxx

KK77
01-09-11, 00:09
I think it was sadly the most humane thing you could do Di. Anyone who knows you will appreciate how hard it was because you're an incredibly caring person.

Thinking of you x

Bill
01-09-11, 02:54
Sadly when a dog becomes very aggressive, peoples safety has to come first so although I can appreciate how upset you must be feeling Dear Di, I really don't think you had any other choice. It's very sad but I agree with what Alex says, especially the part about you being an incredibly caring woman.:bighug1:

venusbluejeans
01-09-11, 03:23
Thinking of you Di xxxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

Chem
01-09-11, 04:36
So very sorry Di. :bighug1:

bottleblond
01-09-11, 12:27
Di

You did everything possible for Perdy mate.

Thinking of you
loads of love
Lisa
xxxx

suzy-sue
01-09-11, 14:44
Im so very sorry Di ..:hugs:Sometimes its hard to do the right thing .Perdy had a happy life for the time she was with you .I know how distressed this has made you feel and you were so incredibly brave .You did all you could no one could have done more .Try not to think of the moments before she went to sleep ,but of the happy times and joy she shared with you .She was in no pain and is safely at Rainbow bridge .Till you meet again .Bless you all .Please be kind to yourself and treasure the time you had .Lots of luv Sue xx:bighug1:

JT69
01-09-11, 17:43
Thinking of you Di.... TC

Jo.x

diane07
01-09-11, 22:44
Thank you nic,

Thank you all for your lovely words.

I tried my best to rehome perdy, even though i knew in my heart she would never go, i rescued her from a bad place and sadly it scarred her, it always did, i spent alot of money with a dog therapist trying to make her see that the world was not a scary place, she just never accepted it and the only person she trusted was me.

I'll never get over what decision i came to even though i knew it was the kindest thing to do for her, she was my baby who bit my daughter repeatedly, and i never thought she would do it as she adored my daughter.

I had to stay with perdy yesterday as i just couldn't leave her at that one time she needed me most, it just hurt so much, so much and i will never ever forget it or her.

Its a very sad household here and one of mixed emotions and all your wishes have meant so much to me and helped me through a really difficult time.

Thank you so much :hugs:

bottleblond
01-09-11, 22:59
I so wish i had the wisdom and the words to make this better for you mate but it's grief and that takes time! It will get better bit by bit but it's too raw at the moment to see that.

You have no reason to feel guilt Di... You did everything you could possibly do. It's broken your heart which just proves your love and compassion for Perdy.

No guilt please mate
Love ya loads
xxxx

diane07
01-09-11, 23:47
Thank you lisa.

Sadly guilt i'm consumed with, but i'd be filled with even more guilt had i kept her and she got my daughter again, its just a nightmare i want to put behind me.

I'll do my grieving and i do forgive her as my daughter does, it could have been alot worse.

Thanks for being there to support me, everyone has been so kind and not judged, and that i will always be grateful for.

The support from members here is the best ever.

di xx