PDA

View Full Version : Scary day

kjm
23-08-11, 22:32
:weep:Well today was my first experience of the extent that panic attacks can happen to anyone. I am a staff nurse and have worked with many patients with anixiety and never understood the real extent of this til today. I awoke at 4am ,like someone had stood on my chest my heart was thumping i could not settle i felt extremely anxious . I do suffer with blood pressure so thought it was that took my tablets and went to bed but the sypmtons did not settle and in fact continued all day. at one point even considered going to A&E, A big struuggle with a 3 year old . in fact walked to the shops to take my mind off it and had a panic attack in the shop! trying to read labels etc to take my mind off what i was feeling. when i got home decide to read a magazine and one of the actresses in it suffered froim panic attacks and mentioned this site. I self diagnosed and here i am happy to find this site. I would appreciate any help that people have found useful. I am scared as i had to phone in sick to work because i felt so bad!!! Please help would appreciate any support

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 22:34
Hi kjm

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

cathycrumble
23-08-11, 22:59
Hi my panics started with a great deal of stress i went through last year so may be you are stressed and overtired and it's just hit you. The best thing to do is just let it ride over you. But I am sure you will get lots of help from here. good luck I am struggling at the moment.

Cathy xx :welcome:

terror-x
24-08-11, 00:17
welcome to the forum a nurse brilliant i have so much respect for you :)

venusbluejeans
24-08-11, 01:15
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

daybyday
24-08-11, 01:18
:welcome:

KayleighJane
24-08-11, 09:30
welcome to the forum a nurse brilliant i have so much respect for you :)

couldn't agree more :)
:welcome: kjm

kayleigh x