PDA

View Full Version : newbie from southampton

sotongirl1966
23-08-11, 22:55
hey everyone, well im 45 and have suffered depression on and off for 25 years. im in a real low place at the mo, been having cbt for about 5 weeks and really dont see any benefits from it. there is no one i can talk to that really understands what i am feeling etc. have stopped taking my meds and have thought numerous times of suicide.
i need people that can really understand me that i can talk to and no feel like a freak

thank you x

nomorepanic
23-08-11, 22:57
Hi sotongirl1966

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

terror-x
24-08-11, 00:16
welcome to the forum we have all had issues and problems we cant talk to others about feel free to pm me anytime about your story or please post it. we are all here to listen and help you in anyway we can . Terror :)

venusbluejeans
24-08-11, 01:15
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Green Blossom
25-08-11, 11:19
Hello,

I am a newbie from Southampton too! I have suffered from depression on and off since I was 17 and am currently in a bad patch (I am v tired all the time). Things do get better x

Hayley1982
25-08-11, 11:42
hi welcome to nmp :) im from southampton to. sending u a big hug :hugs: xxx

Sootica
25-08-11, 12:39
Hi and welcome :)
I have done a bit of CBT and other therapy, I think clicking with your therapist and them being well trained is quite important, it may take time to turn a corner..have you told your therapist how you're feeling about the therapy?
Also, I'm sure you are aware, but just in case... bear in mind stopping meds even if you taper off sensibly can heavily effect your moods and ability to gain perspective. At least this happened to me a few weeks after I had tapered off citalopram after 5 years, I just sunk real low. Maybe some different meds could help... well i'll stop rabbiting on at you now, but again welcome and hope you are feeling a lil better today.
PS: I lived in sotton two years....my favorite thing to do was getting a bus to the new forest, taking a flask and saying hello to the ponies.