PDA

View Full Version : Breathing issues.

madeuprolemodel
23-08-11, 23:27
So i can't catch my breath or... complete a yawn and it is freaking me out also.... sometimes when i breathe it really hurts my back and i have a somewhat sharp pain...

now I don't feel anxious like i usually do so i doubt it is anxiety!?

has anyone else had this|?

pablo22
23-08-11, 23:44
ye i havnt been able to complete a yawn in a year, just because you yourself are'nt aware you're anxious, does not mean your body isn't anxious,

like me, ur probably tense all the time and don't even relaise, the muscles in the wall of ur chest contract and it feels like theres a belt around it ... the sharp pain is most defianelty a muscle spasm

hang in there, completely normal anxiety symptoms :hugs:

madeuprolemodel
23-08-11, 23:45
OO really! i didn't know that! would explain a lot thanks so much pablo

pablo22
23-08-11, 23:54
no problem! there are so many physiological symptoms of anxiety you'd be amazed x

"When you're walking through hell, Walk faster" - Joan Rivers

Sootica
23-08-11, 23:56
Hi there, I have had pains when inhaling sometimes.... but not difficulty catching breath/yawning.
It sounds as though your body maybe in panic mode even if your head is not (not sure of that can happen, but bodies do lots of strange things!)
Have you tried doing slow breathing exercises - long deep slow breaths (the out breath slightly longer than the inward one), count say 5 in 7 out and maybe work up to 10 in 12 out. I'm not sure if this will help but I got it from a beginners yoga book and it sometimes helps me.
There are a couple of other things I thought of if it's not panic: Blood sugar levels (have you been eating sensibly?) Medication side effects (not sure if you are on any meds but is a possible) trapped nerve (these can be terrible for giving me sudden sharp pains and restricted movement - including intake of breath) or the two most unlikely ones: some kind of allergic reaction/ a partial lung collapse.
At the risk of giving wrong advise though, I think it's best you phone up NHS direct or your GP, but have a think about likely causes and try not to panic, just be methodical and practical and concentrate on resolving things (sorry if sound patronising...am not sure what to say but wanted to try and help)
take it easy
sooty :)