PDA

View Full Version : Anything medical related

spaceey
24-08-11, 01:57
I am absolutely terrified of anything medical related. I am 20 years old and I haven't had a family doctor or been to see a doctor since I was 10 years old. I have never had a physical or anything like that. I very nearly have a panic attack if i see a doctor walking down the street or an ambulance drives by. I have recently been having some problems with dizziness and pains in my chest along with headaches and fainting. my boyfriend want's me to see a doctor and I absolutely refuse to go. I know that eventually I will have to get over this fear for the sake of my health god forbid I get some disease or other deadly thing. But I just don't know how to get over it. it is not an easy thing at all in fact it is the hardest thing for me. Anyone even sugests that i see a doctor and i get this awful feeling in my chest and start to hyperventilate. Anyone else have this problem? and if so is it that extreme for you too? or is that just me...

dee_66
25-08-11, 21:13
Hi I have exactly the same phobia and it is so hard to explain people think that it is ridiculous but it is real fear I am due to go and have some injections done at the moment and am putting it off as I am terrified that something will happen to me! sorry im not too much help to you but just to let you know that you are not alone:)

s11fyx
28-08-11, 20:03
i hate the doctors or hospitals its really common and i dont think any one likes them but you need to go and get checked out x