PDA

View Full Version : Bowels Issues Still Worrying Me (maybe TMI)

LittleMissPanicky
24-08-11, 10:00
Hi there , i have previously posted about my bowel issues on here and your replies have been of great comfort. Right at the moment i feel awful again. I have had the following tests;
Sigmoidoscopy : clear
Barium enema : clear
Blood test (last week) : normal
pelvic ultrasound : nothing of concern detected

So why can't i stop obsessing about my bowel movements !!!
Iam currently taking mebeverine but dispite this my bowels still act up and can vary from day to day, yesterday I had diarrhea , today i have been twice the second time was ribbon like and i am convinced there was black bits in it , which has set my panic off again. I am fed up of this and just wish i could be my normal self again. I am on so many tablets i don't know what is doing what :

seroquel : 150mg
citalopram : 40mg
pregabalin : 200mg

i feel like my my mind is just a fog and along with the anxiety i am a complete wreck. I feel like my gp is not getting how bad i feel, she is a lovely person and also my cousin but i just want to scream about how bad i feel and i don't seem to be able to get this across to her.

Sorry to ramble but i just don't know what to do anymore xxxx

countrygirl
24-08-11, 10:12
See if this helps - yes you have a problem with your bowels but it is not going to affect your lifespan. This does not lessen how much you are suffering ( I smpathise I have IBS as well), but you do not need to worry about the symptoms being anything nasty they are not but your bowel is sensitive for any number of reasons. You are on alot of tablets and any or all of them can affect your bowels as anything that changes your modd or is used for pain relief also affects your bowels. You might also have a bit of a food intolerance issue but trying to pin it down would be almost impossible and cause you even more anxiety which in turn will worsen the symptoms.

YOU have had all the tests and nothing nasty so yes the symptoms are horrible and affect your life and this will make you fed up but you have not got inflammatory bowel disease or cancer.

mick79111
24-08-11, 13:42
I had problems about 6 months ago going for a number 2. One time i went and there was soo much blood i thought i was a goner. I suffer from health anxiety anyway and this just made me panic even more. Anyways i went to the doctors, had all the blood, stool and urines tests, and they came back fine. And then i had a colonoscopy, it showed diverticulitus, and ibs.

What you have to remember is that your mind and bowel/stomach are linked to a degree. If your stressed or paniced it will effect your bowel movements. The more you worry the more irregular it becomes. You have done everything you should have and its all come back ok. So try and relax a little, and watch your diet

LittleMissPanicky
24-08-11, 21:33
Thanks for you kind replies, it helps alot xxxx