PDA

View Full Version : trying to accept its anxiety

MaJestic
24-08-11, 12:00
Hi

I'm having trouble accepting my symptoms as just anxiety even though I know deep down it really is. There is always those feelings of 'whatif' that plague my mind.

I must say I'm getting better at it but sometimes I still freak out.I get scared because a lot of the physical symptoms point to something neurological e.g. Headaches, twitching and muscle jerks like a whole limb will just flinch. I have had this for a couple of months now

I take amitriptyline and propranolol so don't know if this could cause anything?

Im constantly trying to fight off the negative thinking but it does get the better of me sometimes which dents my motivation as well.

cathycrumble
24-08-11, 12:11
Hi

Trying to accept is sooo hard and we have to discourage those negative thoughts and put a positive one in its place. How great to have this knowledge but how hard to put it in to practice. It's like we never stop talking to ourselves .

I think we just got to try and keep the positive thoughts going and let the negative ones float out of our heads. Just to let you know you're not on your own. Good luck .

Cathy :) xx

maz55
24-08-11, 16:16
Hey Majestic, I am on the same meds as you, and I get the twitching in my legs sometimes, dr said down to the meds i am on, so hang in there, will all be fine hugs