PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

leesteven
11-05-06, 12:02
hiya e1 ive just started a course of citalopram 20mg daily ive tried these b4 only 4 a month or so but didnt feel a difference also i wanted to combat my panic/depression without the tablets so i stopped taking them. ever since ive been struggling with the way i feel and trying to do normal day 2 day things but couldnt and felt so useless and pathetic n that i had 2 rely on others 2 do things for me. so ive decided 2 give them another go so plz can any 1 tell me how long it takes till i will start feeling a difference and if these are the best 1`s to take 4 panic attacks/anxiety/depression? tyvm lee.

Greg1983
11-05-06, 12:10
Hi,

I have been taking citalopram for about 5 weeks now and i'm starting to feel better in myself now. I did have to rough for a few weeks with side effects but they do go away. Although i'm not fully better i feel as though i can cope more now. I'm even back to work.

Stick with them as it took 5 weeks before i felt the benefits from them

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

honeybee3939
11-05-06, 12:37
Hi,

Like Gregg i have been taking citalopram for around 5 weeks also, the first couple of weeks my anxiety seemed alot worse but seemed to feel alot better around the 3rd week, i also i have just returned to work, i still do have little bouts of panic now and again but not half as bad as what they where.
Stick with them, i am sure you will start to feel better soon.

Love Andrea
xxx

Alexandra
11-05-06, 13:11
Hi Lee

it takes time to adjust to the tablets but when they finally kick in they are very good. Ive taken the same tablets for a while now & have no side effects at all.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

katies
11-05-06, 13:24
Hi I took citalopram last year but swapped to the newer version of it called escitalopram which has much less side effects. I have found that they have helped me with my low mood and the associated depresssion that comes from anxiety but not for the panic etc. HOwever I am on a low dose and having spoken to others on this forum think it would be worth trying a slightly higher dose.

Good luck hun x

prunejuice
11-05-06, 19:41
Hiya...I was on Citalopram 20mg a day for about 18 months. It took about 6 weeks them to "kick in" for me.

Stupidly, I took myself off of them around 8 months ago...and I really didnt think it would affect me but to be honest, I feel horrendous. Which really goes to show that the meds were working I suppose? [?]

I'm not sure what to do now...whether to go back to the GP and get a new script, or just carry on without? :oS

Anyway, Lee, persevere with them, see how you feel in a few weeks and if you think they are benefitting you, then carry on with them. If not, go back to the GP to discuss alternatives.

Take care xxx