PDA

View Full Version : I am new and really need some help - please

sadsaz
24-08-11, 14:00
I have suffered from depression for a number of years and last year was put on 300mg of Trazadone to help me sleep as well. I was fine on this for a while and then it stopped working helping me to get to sleep. I was then given Zopicole (horrible taste in your mouth stuff!) This worked for a while.

I was in work on Monday and I hadnt felt right for a few days, tired, headache and just now myself. I woke up at 3.30am on Monday AM not being able to breath. I had never felt like this before amd it soon passed and i drove to work feeling very spaced out and not with it. I then broke down at work, went into the sick room were I was calm enough to go back out and tell them I needed to go home. The whole day on Monday I think I suffered from Anxiety attack, I went to the doc who gave me 2mg Diazepan and was told to take 6mg - I took 8mg by 11pm as I was exhausted and needed to rest. It started adgain, I went to out of hours who gace me a further 10mg. I felt a bit whoozy. I went to sleep with 18mg of Diazepam and 300mg of Trazadone at I woke up one hour and 40 mninutes later feeling wide awake and coulndt breath again. I went back to the Docs on Tuesday who gave me something to take to help me sleep which it did - I got 8 hours last night. I then thought I would try and go for a walk - I could not get passed the gate. I was dizzy, couldnt breath. I didnt feel any kind of panic tho - I just cannot breath. When I sit normally, I can but any kind of movement AT ALL. I cannot breath, my hands tingle and I get a funny feeling in my nose. It is now Wednesday and I have been practially bed ridden since Monday.

Should I go back to the docs? Can they give me anything else? They seem very reluctnant.

I really need some help as soon you can please. I would really appreciate it more than you know

S x

diane07
24-08-11, 14:03
Hi sadsaz

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

IAM
24-08-11, 20:01
Hi Sadsaz,

I think you are having some problems with the medication that they are giving you. I think that you should go back to the doctor and tell him what you wrote here. Trying to fall asleep with is the best thing and I have problems with sleeping but I try to work out and make my self very tired at the end of the day. I think the best thing to do is to see if you are falling asleep and your tongue is falling back and you are waking up becouse of this.

Take care x
Nick

venusbluejeans
25-08-11, 17:51
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: