PDA

View Full Version : doctor thinks im crazy

Mamfa85
24-08-11, 20:20
im full of cold and after clearing my throat today i had a 5p lump of sticky pink/red blood and some yellow phleam (lovely i know) so i panick all day telll the doctor,he says my chest is clear your fine,am i ? i keep thinking of lung cancer /:( he just looked at me ,i didnt get an answer ,he was already angry i had wasted time but i cant help worry,i have been panicky all day,I feel an idiot i have a good friend helping me when i can but my family all think im being stupid.

Anxious_gal
24-08-11, 20:43
Never self diagnosie yourself to a doctor, it won't do you any favors.
Of course he thinks you are over reacting because you are! That's what happens with health anxiety, you over react and assume the worst.
I don't mean to sound harsh, I've a habit of coming across that way when I don't mean too.
If you just coughed up blood once then you are ok, if it happens a few more times maybe go back?
Blood from your lungs will come up when you cough and it's normally frothy, but you would have lots of other symptoms too.
The blood may have come from your sinus if you were clearing your throat as it's quite common.
I would suggest seeking out a new doctor, if he makes you feel bad....
My doctor is lovely and it rather kind towards me and my health anxiety.
Are you getting any help for your anxiety?
:hugs:

Mamfa85
24-08-11, 20:55
hi mishel i have tablets which i stopped taking lately as i thought i had been well for so long ,seems now i need them,you werent harsh you were to the point and reasurring that there would be other symptoms that helped me more then the doctor and you were smart enough not to name the other symptoms;), i felt a fool i know i acted like one but it would have nice to get reasurance rather then looked at funny.

Anxious_gal
24-08-11, 22:16
Please don't feel bad :( I spent forever being mad at my self and feeling stupid, you have health anxiety, it's almost impossible to be rational when you are anxious x I still find it hard to figure out if I am actually sick and need to see the doctor versus me just over reacting!
I noticed that when my nose gets blocked up I get dried blood inside, not sure if I have ever had blood come up my throat but someone here just made a post about that and said they were having sinus problems too.
aw I'm glad you are feeling a bit better : )

lucy devine
24-08-11, 22:36
heya, were you clearing your throat frequently? as i've done this in the past and had blood in phlegm..i went to the hospital and i had apparently damaged little blood vessels in my throat causing the little bit of blood...they said it is nothing to worry about at all and common...if you had such a serious illness like cancer it wouldn't be a little bit of blood in the phlegm, it would be a lot more
try not to worry ok (harder said than done i know)
big hugs xxxx