PDA

View Full Version : Might be going a holiday but scared too

phil06
24-08-11, 23:04
I have a chance of a holiday for 4 days aboard but a few issues I need to get a new passport, money stress and I'm scared to go to the next town never mind abroad. Also scared of being away from the PC I feel I won't enjoy it as not at the PC.

I kind of would want to go but kind of don't the hassle of travelling and being away from home scares me. :blush:

I'm 22 but never been aboard in like ten years or more so it's a big fear as it's been so long.

lucy devine
24-08-11, 23:08
i reckon you should definitely go!!! a break is what you need and surely a few days in the sun relaxing is better than staring at a computer screen..
go enjoy yourself and live life...you're only 22 :D xxx

phil06
24-08-11, 23:11
i reckon you should definitely go!!! a break is what you need and surely a few days in the sun relaxing is better than staring at a computer screen..
go enjoy yourself and live life...you're only 22 :D xxx

Yes I know I just can't be bothered doing anything anymore. Sitting at home is almost a habit and routine and way of life. Part of me is excited until I remember how trapped and poor my life is living with anxiety. I even avoid the cinema of late making excuses I'm tried from work.

I fear never Feeling better or coping.

lucy devine
24-08-11, 23:27
well now is time to give yourself a kick up the backside and get off on your jollies...you'll never know if you can enjoy things in life if you don't try them!!!
let anxiety be a part of you, NOT YOU! ok...now get packing, and don't forget the sun cream ^_^ i don't wanna hear any more negative things ok...be positive!

gregcool
28-08-11, 20:55
Hi phil, i had the same problem as you 2 years ago, i couldnt go anywhere other then a 20 mile radious. I had a holiday to go to pool in dorset with my family.
I wantedto go but felt sick and scared thatthepanicfealing will make me want to turn back and go home, as i suffer from panic attacs and have phobia isues for sometime, i found if i saw a sighn post not local to me , i would panic and want to go home, welll i got fed up with my life being run by fear. So i decided to face my fear and have some life and see what happens. My wife and two kids wete so excited to go on holiday and i wasnt, but i got up thatmorning and went. As the jurney went i got stuck in trafic , which norm would freek me out,, it didnt happen and this made me feel good and confident, and my jurney got better and better, i started to sing along with the kids. Totaly unexpected. I couldnt beleive this. When i got to pool i wasnt afraid and felt excited to be there.
The whole of my holiday every day , i woke feeling happy excited and very possitive, more than i have done for a few years, i couldnt believe it, i realy couldnt. I was going to miss out on this if i listend to my phobia and fear. So go you will find yourself being anxious and panic, but its what you need , a break and face your fears. Since then i have been to so many other places and events i wouldnt have done, iv put myself through tunnels over bridges, and places i would normally psnic over, iv locked my self in an outdoor enclosed shed and told my wife to let me out in some random time. Iv made it through them all. All because i went on that holiday and supprised myself given myself the confidence to chalenge my self.
Good luck you can do it.
Greg