PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety because you're discussing your anxiety?

d85
24-08-11, 23:20
I'm just wondering if anyone else ever feels this. I'm suffering from quite bad health anxiety at the moment and tend to find it's worse when I write things down, either online (like on these forums) or in text messages to friends rather than speaking about it. I feel like making a note of, or discussing my fears will somehow make them more likely.

I never used to be like it, but over the last few years I've noticed I've developed quite a few things like pressing light switches, checking locks multiple times, having thoughts where I 'have' to complete an action before a time limit runs out etc. so I'm wondering if this is another one of those. It's almost like it's superstitious, but perhaps it's something OCD related?

Tyke
25-08-11, 00:18
Yes, I have been a bit like this before. There is no clear line between some of these illnesses and it isn't uncommon to have a few different conditions existing together at the same time, some worse than others. I would say I have had anxiety, depression and OCD together, with anxiety and depression being the main problems.

Tyke :)