PDA

View Full Version : Avice on CItalopram effects

Scaptain_Carlet
11-05-06, 18:59
Hi, 1st post, Ive been on citalopram 10mg for almost a week now, the only side effects have been tired muscles, feeling spaced out, and difficulty reaching orgasm,

I need some people to tell me how long it takes to feel better, and do all the side effects disappear? I dont want side effects for months while taking them. How have you improved and when?

Thanks guys.

[8D]

Two heads
12-05-06, 19:17
Hi there!I found that when i started these i lost all feeling as such down there hun and even mention to my hubby.And it took agood 6 weeks all so for me to go back to normal again in that department.Its strange how it can effect us there really.
And as for other side affects like feeling spaced out well that lasted around 3weeks.So there is hope!xx

nomorepanic
12-05-06, 19:25
Hi and welcome

If you look at the posts in this forum (Medication) you will see loads and loads of posts about Citalopram so have a read at your leisure.

Nicola

nomorepanic
12-05-06, 19:26
Try this as well....
Citalopram, Cipramil, Escitalopram & Lexapro (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1949)

Nicola

Basha
14-05-06, 21:23
Hi there;

I am also on citalopram 10mg, and I had similar side effects, also felt slightly more anxious for a while and had some trouble sleeping. For me, I seemed to go through 'phases' of different side effects while I adjusted.

I think it probably took a good 6-8 weeks to settle down on them, but they are really worth it. I know they work differently for everyone, but I can't tell you how much they are helping me. I haven't had a panic attack in so long, and all those initial symptoms are gone for me, I feel completely normal again.

As for the orgasms, they'll come back, and when they do they'll be well worth the wait! Hang in there.

I hope that helps some, but if you want chat, I'm free anytime!!

Tasha

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith