PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine and depersonalisation

tinkerbelle84
25-08-11, 07:00
Hi,

I'm so worried at the min.I have been on mirtazapine15mg for 2 weeks......over the last few days I have been feeling very unreal,not like me at all....cant explain it very well but very distressing. I was due to up my dose to 30mg,but was convinced that the tabs were making me feel that way.so I just stopped.I didnt sleep very well so bit the bullet last night and took a 30mg tablet.now I have just woken up and convinced i feel worse:.......

So scared invade its vcjd,as I have had achey pains in my legs.if the symptoms are the tablets will they pass?I hate feeling like this....

X x

Downsouthdevil
25-08-11, 08:15
Hi,

Sorry you are not doing so good at the moment. The Tablets will help with the depression aspects of what you are feeling, especially once you up your dose. You should try and stick with them. It may be a month or more before you notice any great difference.

The depersonalised feeling you are having is likely being caused by your anxiety not your tablets, I have had the same feeling for weeks myself, its very unpleasent but is caused by you being on a heightend state of alert all the time.

Finally, I too have had the pains in my front upper thighs, they started a couple of days ago. They are very uncomfortable, I would describe it as a dull ache, not a shooting pain. It came on after I spent hours reading about CJD again, so there must be some kind of connection. I have also noticed that my hearing is a lot more sensitive to loud noise than usual. Another symptom that I read about the other day. I think our minds are manifesting our fears, we read about these things, so we feel them.

Try to remain positive...

On the plus side the chances of us both having CJD and both being on this forum at the same time are infintismal. Very likely that neither of us have it.

tinkerbelle84
25-08-11, 08:48
Hi,thank you for your reply,

You have put my mind at rest a little.can I just ask are u on any medication?

I can't imagine not having this fear in my life.its like I can't let it go.just when i get one symptom under control another one gets me.

It is like i have forgotten how to just be me.then i stress because I think well that must be the disease.

Can I ask what percentage of u thinks you have this disease?with me today its about 90% which is not good.I'm still managing to go to work.sometimes I worry that the mess are just masking the disease.....

Sarah

mick79111
25-08-11, 09:30
You have to let your body get used to the medication, quite often you do feel terrible when you first start taking a new tablet. I have been on quite a few different types of anti depressant. At the moment i am on 150mg of citalopram and its starting to make me feel a bit better. But for the first 2-3 weeks i felt groggy, almost drunk when i woke up, and had some really bad days but it does level off. Give mirtazapine a chance, and if after a few months you are feeling no benefit then go back and see your doctor. Its just a case of finding the right med for you

Downsouthdevil
25-08-11, 11:12
I am on 30mg of Mirtazapine and it knocked me for six for a few weeks with drousiness and light headedness being the worst symptoms.

I have just been back to the Docs myself to discuss the latest developments, he did some kind of neurological examination on me and said that he thought i looked fine but that he was going to refer me to a neurologist to check out one or two strange bits, but told me not to worry about CJD.

I dont know if this is good or bad news... time will tell.

tinkerbelle84
25-08-11, 12:59
Hi thank you for you help.all i can do is take it and hope for the best.........

Down south devil keep me posted how your feeling.

Sarah

Ingenious
25-08-11, 14:08
Just to add to this, when I started on both Citalopram and Mirtazapine there was an initial period of side effects. Some of these physical and quite obvious, others more subtle and to do with state of mind. So feeling a little odd or out of sorts in the first few weeks seems to be both common and normal, although at the time it can be unsettling, you should find as time goes on you'll get better and better.