PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, is so irrational..........

Trixie
25-08-11, 07:32
We all worry about different things.

Some things that you would think would be worth worrying about aren't and others which outsiders would deem not worrying about are.

I worry myself sick when my cats are ill. At the moment my youngest Siamese is poorly and I am off to the vets with her today. I have increased my Cipralex and cannot stop going to the loo.

And yet, some outsiders would say you have more things to worry about that a cat (my friends wouldn't say this) but we cannot help the way we feel.

Tyke
26-08-11, 05:49
It's just the way we are Trixie. We can't magically change, if we could we would. People annoy me when they think we have some kind of choice in the matter. Yes, there are greater things to worry about and many people in the world are much worse off, but that doesn't mean we can just throw a switch and stop the worrying does it! Pets are important to us anyway, they are like members of the family. Hope the visit to the vets went well and your Siamese is getting better.

Tyke :)

evil monkey
26-08-11, 20:22
true also I think there is different types for past/future, about something that has already happened (or hasnt), and something that might happen.

the thing I don't run with is the "other people have it so much worse" thing. You know if your own feelings are valid. If something else does help put yours into perspective, thats good/therapy/a help. If it doesnt, it doesnt

blue_bird
26-08-11, 23:05
Hi Trixie

I know exactly how you feel, especially about my pets. I worry about walking my dog incase something happens to her. I have to force myself to take her out sometimes because she needs her walks.

I hope your cat is feeling better soon.

Trixie
27-08-11, 14:56
Hi Trixie

I know exactly how you feel, especially about my pets. I worry about walking my dog incase something happens to her. I have to force myself to take her out sometimes because she needs her walks.

I hope your cat is feeling better soon.

She came home from the vets today but we are waiting for blood results (pancreas) so no firm diagnosis yet.:unsure: