PDA

View Full Version : My Vision - Text, Lines, Patterns Vibrate and Shimmer

thundersnow
25-08-11, 12:51
Since October/November 2010 I noticed that high contrast text and other patterns that involve lines that are close together, whether that be something on a computer screen or real objects like blinds close together.

In March I went to the opticians and she diagnosed me with what was essentially convergence insufficiency after I explained the symptoms and she prescribed me with prism glasses. These haven't really done anything apart from relieve my computer eye strain.

I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced these unsettling vibrations/movements in their vision? I'm wondering if it is some kind of muscle tension, it worsens with tiredness, stress, after exercise etc.

Gemma T
25-08-11, 14:32
I havnt experienced this but the eye is full of nerve endings. Stress etc is bound to effect them. Id assume muscle tension as well or over active nerve x x x

pammy1944
25-08-11, 14:36
i do but mine are migraines

Greensleeves
27-08-11, 12:07
I have had exactly the same symptoms, mine were first brought on by looking at the lines on the steps of a moving escalator, then by the slats of half closed blinds. This happened half a dozen times or so andI asked my optician about it. She said it sounded like a migraine but without the headache and told me to mention it to my GP. He thought it was probably a transient thing and just to keep tabs on it. Surely enough it has ceased and it has been a couple of years since I last experienced it. The problem lasted over 18 months in all. Hope this might be of some help to you.