PDA

View Full Version : Worst Jobs!

Whitetrash
25-08-11, 13:28
So i was thinking today, we all have issues with anxiety but in your place of work do you do anything that makes this worse?

Im a glutton for punishment as im a Maitenance Technician on a Dangerous Waste facility that deals with the worst substances you can imagine and im also a Hazmat Emergency Responder and can be called upon to clear up nasty chemical sills or attend Toxic release type jobs. I also have OCD and i get scared very easilly by risks, Ironic?!

Anyone similar?

Gemma T
25-08-11, 14:29
I have health anx and am convinced I have oral cancer. My doc and dentist disagree.

I worked in a law firm in personal injury and shared an area with the clinical negligence team. Need I say more. And to top it off one of the paralegals used to be a cancer nurse who loved talking about it. Ive left now for other reasons but I can assure you I didnt need to hear it x x x

paula lynne
25-08-11, 15:59
DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH...I was a neurosurgical nurse. Apart from the obvious, sticking my fingers up patients bums (prescribed laxatives) was not the highlight of my day. Especially as I has recently had lovely ceramic nails put on due to my nail biting problem.
Seeing someone vomiting poo was also a day and a half.

Watching doctors steal any benzodiazepine in the cupboard, then vomiting over my shoes.......ahh...the good old days........
Put it this way, in that job, I ate lots of mints and only breathed through my mouth!
Flower arranging and soap making much more hygienic and fragrant...:)

M155anthr0p3
25-08-11, 16:41
DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH...I was a neurosurgical nurse. Apart from the obvious, sticking my fingers up patients bums (prescribed laxatives) was not the highlight of my day. Especially as I has recently had lovely ceramic nails put on due to my nail biting problem.
Seeing someone vomiting poo was also a day and a half.

Watching doctors steal any benzodiazepine in the cupboard, then vomiting over my shoes.......ahh...the good old days........
Put it this way, in that job, I ate lots of mints and only breathed through my mouth!
Flower arranging and soap making much more hygienic and fragrant...:)

LOL I needed a good giggle Paula!!!!

paula lynne
25-08-11, 16:55
Tidy! :D
I darent post the rest..........:blush:
Oh the things i could tell you! x

Tyke
26-08-11, 05:31
I am a real introvert and don't like dealing with difficult people at all. I had a job once working for a really tight boss. She would never part with any money willingly and so pay rises were out of the question. I used to man the helpline were people would call about their refunds due to overpayments. My tight boss would not pay them until they threatened legal action, so I got the same people phoning back over and over again giving me crap all day. The boss was always 'out of the office' to them even though she never ever was! People wanted my name as they blamed me personally for holding on to their money! Chance would be a fine thing! They though the business must be on the verge of bakruptcy sometimes, but the boss was rolling in it! All the staff were paid peanuts of course. By the end of the day mild mannered me was shaking from the volume of abusive callers.

God she was tight. Every time I went to the toilet there I expected to find a machine for the loo roll charging 10p a sheet. Oh and if she was on a water meter..... she'd have limited you to one visit a day and charged you for that if she could have got away with it!

Still, probably a bit better than sticking your fingers up peoples bums for a living and vomiting all sorts though. Just goes to show there's always someone worse off than you. Poor Paula! :ohmy:

Tyke :)

Whitetrash
26-08-11, 15:42
ha ha thanks guys made me chuckle!