PDA

View Full Version : Curious about this issue with B-complex, help?

speedy2056
25-08-11, 14:31
Basically, the b-complex I was taking, 100mg of each b vitamin, was working fine last week and then I noticed my anxiety creeped back again. The really curious thing is that the colour of my urine is now not turning the usual neon colour after taking the b-complex. Instead, it is almost clear. I did eat a lot of sugary foods last week when my anxiety began to creep back.

This is just an educated guess, but do you think my urine colour is clear because my body's B levels are not yet full after possible depletion? I heard that you only should have the neon colour if your body wants to rid itself of excess b-complex that it doesn't need. When I take a b-complex pill now, I've noticed that I'm not getting as much affect from it as before.

Anyone have any answers?

snowgoose
25-08-11, 14:51
Hi:)

good question speedy ................I take vitB also and have noticed a range of neon colour to nil in urine. I also drink lots of water so wonder if that is the cause .
Essentially as I understand it .......it is a water soluble vitamin and is excreted when the body has absorbed what it needs . A quick google now seems to back that up .
never thought it might be my body needing it all ........but makes logical sense .
Have you changed brands?
interested to hear what others think . x

speedy2056
25-08-11, 18:34
Hi Snowgoose,

No, I haven't ran out of the current B-complex pills that I have yet, so I have not changed brands. B-complex is also meant to be an energy stimulant but it's not even providing me much in that area either, now. It's really strange, isn't it. I wonder if the body can adapt? I know it can with medication but I wouldn't think so with vitamins since it's a natural thing that the body needs, but I don't know. :huh: