PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

DN12345
25-08-11, 18:12
Hi all,

I have been on Diazepam for the past 4 weeks now and am starting to taper my usage. I was initially on 2mg, 3 times per day and am now on 1mg, twice a day.

I was just wondering how much affect/help the amount i'm now on will be giving me or is it all in my head??

Am keen to stop taking them entirely as soon as possible but do not want to go back to not being able to eat - which is why I started taking them in the first place, along with the standard feelings of globus.

Cheers

D

ZHBully
26-08-11, 03:07
When you're feeling confident to try to come off (which perhaps you are, if you are wondering how much effect it is actually having on you), then you could stop taking them regularly, but keep a few diazepams around just in case you feel symptoms returning.

Sorry not sure if that is a useful response. I was just remembering my experience with dz'pam, and how it was quite quick acting (20mins or so), so when I was tapering off the doses, I could still take an extra one as an emergency if I was getting really agitated.

mjh74
27-08-11, 12:20
Hey D,

I'm having a 'wobble' at the minute and have started the Diazepam again when I need it. Also for throat related anxiety (spasmed throat and gullet, trying to swallow food feeling like broken glass etc). About 6 years ago I was on 4mg four times a day for months, I came off it really easily though over a couple of weeks when I started to feel better and didn't noticed I was no longer taking it. I take 2mg if I'm having a bad day at the minute, a really bad day 4mg. You will definitely feel 1mg, just not as potent as the 2mg.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Geoff2301
27-08-11, 13:12
I wouldn't think 1mg twice a day would have any noticeable effect on you....... I've taken the 2mg tablets before and they didn't seem to have much effect on me!