PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Local Anaethetic Injection

countrygirl
25-08-11, 21:12
I just wondered if anyone else has this as I am getting worse. About 5 seconds after having a local injection I go very faint with racing heart and it takes about 10 mins for me to feel half human again. I had a skin tag removed from my neck this afternoon at Drs and have had this done a few times in last 5 years and I react same very time.

Dr said it could be the adrenalin they put in local injections or just a reaction to the local itself.

nomorepanic
25-08-11, 21:16
My doctor removes skin tags without any injections

It will be the adrenalin as well

Vanilla Sky
25-08-11, 22:05
Yes , there is adrenalin in locals, even someone who does not have anxiety will have the racing heart thing , only difference is they dont take it any further but someone with anxiety does lol

Paige xx

countrygirl
25-08-11, 22:15
I almost wish mine would remove them without local as well but ast hey cautarize them as well it would be unbearable to have that without a local.

I think in future I will stick to either the piece of cotton around them or cover with a sticking plaster, both work but take time to drop off.

nomorepanic
25-08-11, 22:19
Did he do them with a hot knife type thing?

countrygirl
26-08-11, 09:27
He was going to use the hot knife and did but found that it left behind a little bit so he cut it and then cauterized it again with the hot knife. HOrrible sound of singing flesh for a second!