PDA

View Full Version : Cant Really Take This :(

Jono
11-05-06, 22:20
Ok, So here i am talking about my breathing :(

I just cannot take this anyway. I am now Always Conscious about my breathing and always taking deep breaths and Always out of breath, its not just a few times its been all day today I never get time off until bed time its 24/7. Its been really bad last few days and im scared its getting worse.

I dont think this is anxiety anymore, cant really bear this anymore.

Going to see another doctor tomorrow.

If anyone which i doubt has this all day please say :(

Cheers,

-Jono

jackie
11-05-06, 22:28
jono you have this all day because you are thinking of it all day and worrying about it. have you got the claire weekes book? it tells us how if we became less afraid of our symptoms and didnt care if they were there or not then it would given time dissapear

there are many people for whom the breathing is the worst part and i know a woman for whom that was the case, she is in her late fifties and has had this for years, now there is nothing inherently wrong with her breathing but it is her fear of it that keeps it coming

i know how hard it is to ignore a symptom you fear so much, but that is why it remains, not because you have damaged lungs but because you are concious of every breath you take

try to loose your fear of it. make this doctor tomorrow listen in depth to your lungs and when he gives you the all clear which he will , then go home and try to not care about the breathing knowing that it is just your fear of it that keeps it coming

sorry to go on

jackie

KatiePie
11-05-06, 23:08
Hi Jono
Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. When I get stressed it's the first thing I notice. It's almost as if I forget to breathe, then I over-do it and feel dizzy. I just don't seem able to do it without being aware of it! I actually think a lot of people have this and you are probably perfectly healthy...but I know how difficult it can be to live with.
KatiePie

mconlon
12-05-06, 09:41
Hello heavy breathers!

Remember that when you go to bed and fall off to sleep your breathing returns to normal(otherwise you'd still be awake). This means your breathing is normal but when you are awake you are consciously trying to control it - sadly it does not like being told what to do by the conscious brain and will fight you for control - your lungs are probably quite happy when you drop off and it gets the peace to work the way IT wants!!

So if your really had abnormal brathing difficulties they wouldn't be able to switch between the two states bad and good - they would just always be bad.

I found being as distracted as possible meant my unconscious could look after my breathing (as it has done for many years). This could be something as simple as a soduku or a gardening project.

The fight begins again when you wake up and I bet it is the first thing you observe about your body. I have been known to do a full body scan before I decide to get out of bed in the morning - how daft is that! I'm sure other animals don't test themselves like that, they just get up and look for the next meal! - maybe we should do the same!

MC

katies
12-05-06, 09:45
Hi

I used to suffer with this too but I bought a couple of hypnosis CDs which taught me how to "belly breath". Really has helped and I use the technique whenever I feel anxious.

I have found that Glenn Harrolds CDs are the best. The ones I use are "Heal Your Body" and "Complete Relaxation". IN both of these Cds he starts off by teaching you how to breath properly. It's not easy when you are so used to over breathign but it does get easier.

Good luck

Katie S

x

Two heads
12-05-06, 18:53
This is one of my main problems with this anxiety!It had gone alittle but over the last two days its back again and it makes me feel so very anxious Jono.I still dont believe the doc really but there you go.Ive been told over and over again its just good old over breathing!So you must try and convince yourself like im trying so very hard to do.There seems to be alot of people on hear that suffer with this.so this is what it is, tell yourself that.xxx