PDA

View Full Version : my story

imported_n/a
09-04-04, 19:40
hi there my name is darren and boy am i glad i bought a computer to have you lovely people to share things with ,and because i am single and have no one to share my problems with ,because i am far too ashamed to let any of my family know what i am going through? it was around 10 years ago when i had my first panic attack very very scary as you can all probebly guess ? and then nothing really for the next 4 years i just dismissed it and got on with my life as i said 4 years later i had a real bad time i was on my way to do a little shopping on my own in the town where i live and got the feelings of overwhelming panic doom dread so i started to run home as fast as my legs could carry me aand of course when i got home the feelings subsided and since that day things got progressivly worse i started to avoid going to initally the place where it happened and then of course avoided going anywhere further than where it happened which has resulted in my agraphobia i can get to some places like the supermarket which isnt too far away .but the thing i hate about this illness is all the lieing to my family makeing excuses for why i cant go somewhere with them and to my friends although i havent many left now because of all my excuses and lies /only now i am feeling a little more positive to try and fight this thing ,i am haveing councelling which is helping ...please if you would like to be in touch maybe we could be of help to each other then please dont hesitate thanks for reading only part of my story,darren:(:(

nomorepanic
09-04-04, 20:11
Hi Darren

Welcome to the site !!:)

You will be very glad that you found us cos you will get loads of advice and support here and you can air all your grievances with us.

I understand about the friends and family thing but nowadays I am more open about it and tell them that I suffer. Some understand, some call me "the nutter" but hey they have to take me for what and who I am.

Have you had much time to read my website yet and in particular the "First Steps" post on here and also on the site. It may give you some useful tips for coping etc.

Well, I won't ramble on too much - just wanted to say hi and welcome you aboard :D

Nicola

sal
09-04-04, 20:19
Hi Darren Good to hear part of your story but you will find so many people here that totally understand what you are going through. I only joined last week but has made me not feel as isolated as i was. Would your family not understand or maybe you feel you woud be letting them down. It is hard for people to understand who have never suffered. I at times lie to my friends saying i cant get a baby sitter rather than face going out because i feel they just think i would be making pathetic excuses if said didnt feel up to it. Ive been of work 2 months and havent told my mother and probably wont, cant be doing with THE PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER talk

Love Sal xx

Sal xxxx

kate
09-04-04, 20:29
Hiya Darren,

Welcome to the site, glad that you have found us.

I have suffered for 20 plus years and have only very recently started telling people that I have panic and anxiety.

I don't tell the full in's and out's, just the basics!!!!

Anyway, once again, welcome!

Kate x

sarah
10-04-04, 00:19
Hiya Darren

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us :)

Feel free to offload on us any time you want to.

love Sarah
xx

brill
10-04-04, 01:13
Hello Darren and welcome It,s good to hear other storys about the subject close to me.I to suffer from agoraphobia,but I have told people about it like kate only the basics but it has been met with mixed emotions from my friends,who I now have no contact with.But my family have been so supportive.

Well I hope you keep on posting

Brill

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

me
10-04-04, 11:30
hello darren, welcome to this great site. i know im always saying this but it is full of fab advice and wonderful people. you will never feel alone here x ive only been having panics for a short time but without the help from people here i dont know what i would have done i have really good friends and a lovely family but they havent experienced what i have felt so when i came here it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders i feel i have made some really good friends who make me laugh about how i feel which i would of never believed a few weeks ago and they are there for the bad times too. there is nothing to be ashamed of with what you are going through, as you can see there are so many people with the same worrys panics and problems,can i be so rude to ask why you cant tell anyone? it would be so nice for you to have someone to go out with you to the places you are not comfortable. keep in touch take care from mary

red
10-04-04, 12:07
Hi Darren

Welcome aboard sir! I'm not going to say that I hope you will find good advice, good people and refuge when you need it here - I'm going to say that you WILL find it!

Your story (or part of your story) will ring true in loads of ears on this forum - just know that you are clearly not on your own and that it will get better. Post away with any questions you may have - most of all - take care of yourself!

Red
x

kizzy
10-04-04, 17:05
Hello Darren & welcome,hope the help you get here will help you
feel better . Know what you mean about not being able to tell
people how you are but you can let it all out here cos we know
all about it.
love kiz

pips
10-04-04, 19:04
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your message,

I am glad u r staying positive. I think if you can try to think Positive thoughts then that is a good start. I do understand & appreciate that its not always easy though especially feeling as we do!

It's good you have found the website, I haven't been in it that long, but everyone is great and they know exactly where u r coming from so that really helps! : - ]

Sorry u find it so difficult to tell your family! It's so hard isn't it. My family know & they try to understand. Its hard with them not being suffers themselves though!
When i go to work though its a totally different matter, I just put on a front & keep it to myself! Then offload on here Ha ha!

Please don't ever feel you are alone.

Hope all is well

Take Care & stay POSITIVE : - ]

Pip's X

imported_n/a
10-04-04, 19:34
quote:Originally posted by kizzy

Hello Darren & welcome,hope the help you get here will help you
feel better . Know what you mean about not being able to tell
people how you are but you can let it all out here cos we know
all about it.
love kiz

Meg
13-04-04, 15:26
Hi Darren,

Welcome

You followed the course that many people do with panic and avoidances .

I'm glad you feel able to think about taking steps to improve that now.

What are you going to do about it on a daily basis.

Please do read 'first steps' and we are all happy to encourage and support you through this path to recovery.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Laurie28
13-04-04, 15:28
Welcome to the forum Darren

We are here to support each other!!!

Take care
Lucky

bluebird1
13-04-04, 23:11
hi darren,
chatted to you in the chatroom you seemed to fit straight in,
hope you feel welcome there, maybe now you have talked to all of us about it you might be able to confide in someone you trust a parent or sibling any look foward to chatting again :D
lyn

stimpy
14-04-04, 01:30
Hi Darren and Welcome !

I hope you feel better soon

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

imported_n/a
14-04-04, 21:33
:)thank you lyn for your very kind words it really does mean so much there are people out there to talk to in a similar situation i really do find this site very positive and so much feedback its great and i do like the chatroom thanks again lyn darren xxxxx

me
15-04-04, 19:40
hi darren, how are you? hope you are feeling ok and been having a lovely time. i went onto the chat room the other night for the first time (ive always been too nervous too before) goodness it was so fast but i loved it hope you are enjoying meeting all these wonderful people. well take care from mary

nomorepanic
17-04-04, 18:01
Mary

It was lovely to see you in the chat room. Don't worry if it is too fast - you will get used to it.

Hope to see you back there soon ok?

Nicola