PDA

View Full Version : MS - a quick question

Ambers
26-08-11, 19:02
I am going to see a Hematologists next week regarding a swollen lymph gland in my groin. I have all the usual 'anxiety' symptoms including numbness of limbs, headaches etc.

About 20 years ago I had a series of tests which ruled out MS including a brain scan. I was then diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder which probably explained various physical ailments I was having at the time.

My question is:
Having a brain scan and ruling out MS 20 years ago - does that mean it cannot develop now if it wasn't there then? Does that make sense?

Thank you
PS I am not anxious about MS - just wondering.

Thank you

sandy40
26-08-11, 20:34
Hi,no it wouldnt rule out MS now as that was too long ago,dont worry about MS,if you do want to ask anything about MS ask away my son has MS.X

Ambers
26-08-11, 21:11
Sandy - I cannot feel my big toenail it is completely numb - my muscles everywhere hurt esp the backs of my calves like the elastic has gone and they keep cramping up, I also have numbness in hands and arms. I have cluster headaches too whch came on two weeks ago and I still have burning patches in all my limbs. I have put all this down to stress/anxiety...it is hard. I have also had pain pain in my ovary area which has been ongoing for six months. A lump developed and now I am beinf referred and seeing someone next week. All in all I feel weak and sorrowful but determined to beat this (whatever this is). This burning patches I have had now for months (and itching) I hate this stress as i all want to do it go beat up my anxiety and live a normal happy life but I am so weak and limping around it is driving me insane.

Ok rant over... I am sorry to hear about your son having MS, how old is he? Is he doing well? I have a son too so I can only imagine how hard it must be your you too, esp with this dog-tiring-anxiety.

Thank you for listening (reading) x

sandy40
26-08-11, 21:17
The only way to tell if someone has MS is lumbar puncture,a MRI is good but the spinal fluid is the only defo way.It doesnt shout out MS to me,most people who have MS first symptoms are vision loss.It could all be anxiety as you know,good your seeing someone next week,tell them all your worries,the burning patches i get as well.My son is 7,he was only 5 when diagnosed,hes medication and doing well at the moment thanks...of all the symptoms youve listed only headaches are what my son has had and that was with the vision loss.x

Ambers
26-08-11, 21:21
thanks x My son is 4 - I hope they find a cure for MS - I wish all children a lifetime of happiness and health. x