PDA

View Full Version : thought i was cured!! :(

Lauren94
26-08-11, 20:51
i've suffered from panic attacks for a while now - mostly situational. I went on a holiday about a month ago and went a whole 2 weeks without any panic attack and my anxiety levels were low! i'm now back home and i'm back to square one, but it's actually worse. The panic atacks have no trigger and i generally think i'm going crazy! i was just sat watching television with my family and ran out of the room into the garden because i couldn't breathe, i felt sick and i thought i was losing it! i'm only 17, and will hopefully be wanting to go to university next year, how can i even think about that with this to deal with! Has anybody any idea what kind of therapy i should consider? I can;t deal with this it frightens me so much!

anx mum
26-08-11, 21:08
i've suffered from panic attacks for a while now - mostly situational. I went on a holiday about a month ago and went a whole 2 weeks without any panic attack and my anxiety levels were low! i'm now back home and i'm back to square one, but it's actually worse. The panic atacks have no trigger and i generally think i'm going crazy! i was just sat watching television with my family and ran out of the room into the garden because i couldn't breathe, i felt sick and i thought i was losing it! i'm only 17, and will hopefully be wanting to go to university next year, how can i even think about that with this to deal with! Has anybody any idea what kind of therapy i should consider? I can;t deal with this it frightens me so much!

Like yourself ive suffered with panic attacks on and off since 17 they keep coming bk. Know how u feel i always feel like i cant breath i think that is one of the worst symptoms i have too go in garden. Im having cbt all about positive thinking its helped me i think cos bk in jan i was a mess

lucas-87
26-08-11, 22:01
hey I two have suffered panic attacks on and off from about 17 its the disturbing thoughts that upset me the most. I'm sure you will be fine the best thing i ever did was go to uni there is so much going on and new things to experience etc you wont have time to panic lol