PDA

View Full Version : Quick help please - numb limbs

Ambers
27-08-11, 14:31
Can I just have reassurrance that my numb limbs are just anxiety.
I seriously cannot feel my lower left leg it feel numb esp my big toe which feels like somone is sticking a cold needle into the centre of the toenail. I keep walking around shaking my limbs to get sme feeling back. I find sitting down is much worse than standing up.

Reassaurance greatly appreciated. Weirdly enough I don't actual feel stressed just anxious about my limbs

suzy-sue
27-08-11, 14:41
Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Ambers
27-08-11, 14:51
Thnak you so much Sue

macc noodle
27-08-11, 15:00
Ambers, you are most certainly suffering from anxiety and this is causing the physical symptoms that you are feeling.

Take care ....................