PDA

View Full Version : is it me ? NO ITS NOT - lol

mirry
12-05-06, 11:34
hi everyone, i dont know if its just me but whenever ive visted the chat room i dont seem to get any good talk about panic related things ?
The people are very friendly and i understand they need to let off steam and have a good laugh but i just dont seem to get a mature conversation ?
Because we all have different days,
Maybe there should be 2 chat rooms, one for a laugh and one for a serious chat ?

mirryx

Ammeg
12-05-06, 12:24
hey mirry,
as sumone who is on chat alot i can speak for every1 and if you bring up something about panic that u would like to discuss we never would ignore or joke about it!! we have many discussions about anxiety, ocd and anything any1 wants to talk about and get of their chest!!! weneva i have been in there and you have come in you have never brought up anything u wanted to talk about!! i dont think its fair u sayin that 'i dont seem to get any good talk about panic related things' when u dont bring up a subject!! We dont like to talk about panic all day coz theres a certain point u wanna just have a laugh! I can honestly say that if they set up 2 chat rooms hardly no1 would be in the serious one!! We always give advice and ideas to any1 who asks- but u know wot they say if you dont ask you dont get and that is the case with you mirry!!
Ammegxxxx

mirry
12-05-06, 12:37
WRONG!

I last night brought up a conversation about mindfulnes that was turned into a sexual joke by others, so please dont accuse me of never bringing up a serious conversation, I am know for posting many many serious and helpful posts as you well know.

I dont like the way you seem to of attacked me on this, after all i dont believe i have attacked anyone at all, i have just posted what i personally have observed.
May i also add , i have haad a few private messages form other members who feel just like i do about the chat room.

I cant not understand why you have reacted sooooooooooo strongly
HAVE I TOUCHED A NERVE ???

mirryx

tara
12-05-06, 13:24
see i sent a reply and then worried about it[Duh!]

wish i could have left it there but i would have worried i would offend people [Duh!]

Piglet
12-05-06, 13:44
Oh Tara mate - please have a big squeeze :D:D

I read your reply before you deleted it hun and it was just fine - honestly!!!!!!!

Love Piglet xx

mirry
12-05-06, 14:01
Tara, i understand.......
its not easy at the best of times,especially when you suffer anxiety.

I however will not be removing my post because ive said nothing to be ashamed of, Its my freedom of speech and im quite proud that i have the courage to speak my mind (at last )lol
I am mindful of others feelings and thats all that counts.

People with this condition need somewhere to turn where they will be taken seriously, I know its not easy FOR ANYONE however a healthy disscussion is the only way forward, not personal attacks.

mirryx

tara
12-05-06, 14:08
AWWW piglet thank you so much.

I'm such a worry pants I tell you and then I think "who i'm i to say my bit" lol

I may re'write my post when i'm feeling brave lol

All I will say is I am with mirry on this one

Piglet
12-05-06, 14:31
You can say your bit whenever you want mate - your opinion is a valued and important as the next persons.

You go for it girlfriend :D:D:D

Piglet x

Ammeg
12-05-06, 15:18
no mirry u havent touched a nerve!!
u just acted like everytime u have gone on there u felt u couldnt talk about panics!! when i have been there you have NEVER mentioned anything and havent even answered me when i spoke to you!! I am sorry the people last nite didnt answer you and all I can say is if i was there i would have answered!! you didnt touch a nerve but i do feel offended as i make a big effort to talk to every1 about everythin on there!!
i did not react strongly at all- just merely wrote down my thoguhts about you makin such a 'claim'
I havent attacked you but you are the only person to mention it and thought that i would reply you as i am a user of the chat room.
welll i have had several pms of people thankin me for the advice i have given them on chat and thankin me for bein there when they felt so low.
Guess your goin on at the wrong times!!
Please dont feel i am personally attackin you or havin a go in anyway!! thanx for the little digs at me much appreciated!! You have made out that none of us have a mature conversation when we do all day long!!
Ammegxx

mirry
12-05-06, 15:54
Firstly I bet everyone is pleased that you have spoken for them on there behalf, nice one!

I never answer you in the chat room ? (news to me).

I didnt say "no one" has a mature conversation,
this is how you have taken it.
Others i imagine who visit the chat room will agree ,
yes we do have a laugh alot of the time -
they wont be offended by my personal experiances,
life is full of experiances good and bad.

I can only say what i experiance when i visit the sex room
(woops chat room) lol.

So your basically saying if you dont ask for help you dont get - ehh,
id like to think if people dont ask for help we are all here to offer our help ? (I am practising Mindfulness)

I felt your reply was a little strong (as do others ) that is my opinion which i stand by.

i am really pleased with this thread - its given us all alot to think about ehh ?

mirryx

kate
12-05-06, 15:55
Is there not the option still in chat to create a new room?

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

mirry
12-05-06, 16:03
Hi Kate,

It would be nice to have 2 rooms -
silly chat and life chat..or any other ideas ?

Not everyone wants to talk in one liners all the time ,
the problem is when everyones in a silly mood it makes some sufferers feel even worse and that they are a killjoy.

Someone tells us no one would visit the other room
(maybe people would feel too intimidated to visit another room)
which would be a shame for those.
It was just an idea.

mirryx

tara
12-05-06, 16:44
Ok guys here goes.....I see this from both sides honestly !!!

I have been a member for a few years and have been a regular visitor to the chat room. I know there are always a range of topics and a range of people who visit chat.

Let my state that I am not a fuddy duddy or a prude...far from it I love a giggle with the best of you!!! I'd give you a run for your money lol

I have visited chat lots of times this year and I can honestly say I have had one decent conversation...it wasn't about anxiety/panic but it was about life....children...men bashing lol but I really enjoyed it!!

I will say that as of late I have visited chat and it does seem that the context of chat is that of a sexual nature...and I also visited chat in a time of dispair and really needed some comfort and reasurence...I stated this and got one reply and then the conversation deterioted back to a sexual nature and one liners...so I left feeling no better!!!

I am fully aware that we don't want talk about our problems all day every day[Sigh...] I certainly do not!!! But it would be nice to chat about life...children...men and I HAVE tried to drop this into chat but with no reply. I suppose it does take the right people at the right time to have these conversations!!

I have noticed that people enter chat and ask a question or information and they may get a reply and then the conversation will deteriote into a sexual nature again....so they leave probably feeling no better!!

NOW I STATE i am not tarring people with the same brush just to make that clear!!!! Also i am not saying that this happens all the time but IT DOES go on in chat and a lot of the time I can't be bothered to join in on the sexual comments so I leave and have a game of online pool lol

Right thats me done lol god aren't I brave !!!

Tara xx

nomorepanic
12-05-06, 18:31
Oh dear - the chat room does seem to cause a few problems.

I have to be honest and say that I rarely go in now but I do like to think that it is not being abused again.

We had a few weeks when all it was in there was sex talk and new members were put off by it.

Yes you can still create new rooms - someone just has to create it and then others can visit if they want to.

Let's try and keep it a place that people want to go as I know how many people appreciate the live chat at times.

Happy chatting!

Nicola

trac67
12-05-06, 19:11
Hi Mirry and Ammeg,

I too like Nic very rarely go into chat anymore as I found it got rather silly in there a while back.
I can see this from both side, yes people like to go in and laugh and joke and try to forget their anxiety, but also others do like to go in for reassurance and understanding.
Maybe you should create your own 'chill out' room Ammeg for everyone who wants a laugh and joke and then others can use the main room for serious discussions, and any new users wont be put off by any 'other' topics that are being discussed.

The chatroom is supposed to be helpful and fun, so lets keep it that way.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

dee2605
13-05-06, 00:45
Have to say that i've been in chat tonight for a few hours and serious discussions were not ignored. It's not very clear for new members that there are two rooms, so maybe that needs clarifying.

The folks in the chat room really lifted me when I was feeling very low and I really enjoyed being cheered up.

There's also private chat for those who want it, but again it's not always clear to new members as to how it works.

mirry
13-05-06, 07:09
Thats nice to hear Dee that Tonight you were given a serious conversation.
Id hate to think of youngters going in there for help with there panic and to read what i have read...........
I dont like to go in there and read about gay sexual acts or any other sexual talk - it was disgusting.
However that is obviously not always the case and you sound like you were lucky, I have in the past had a nice chat in there but lately i think of the chat room as a waste of time because i dont like to hear about gay sexual acts or any other sexual talk., they just wouldnt stop the dirty banter even when other people tried to bring the tone up!
I am not a prude at all ,I am just speaking up for the many people on this site who are too Ill with anxiety to say what they really think,really want or really need.
Hopefully this thread has made anyone who uses the chat room rethink how they use it. I didnt want a war about it but somethings just need saying and I hope ive made no enemys but if i have then i dont mind if ive made a difference.:D

mirryx

feege
13-05-06, 09:22
Hiya

I agree Mirry that two rooms would be good - I think if you set another one up it would be great.

I don't go in very often, but have always found everyone very friendly and supportive apart from once about 3 months ago which I must say put me off!

I think sometimes I would want a serious chat and sometimes just to be silly and have fun and distract myself so two rooms would be brilliant.

I've (luckily) not seen any of the sexual chat which would be inappropriate and probably should be reported? There are plenty of forums for that kind of thing!!

Annmeg I really don't think Mirry was criticising you or anyone on a personal level - she clearly is not the only one that is interested in a different style of room....

Is it the time people are using it that is significant - I tend only to look in late at night when I'm feeling anxious and have enjoyed a giggle many times - perhaps people have more serious chat in the day?

Thank you for raising this - I had thouht about it too!

JFDI it Mirry!!!

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

shiv
13-05-06, 09:48
Hi there,

I'm reasonably new to the chat room and found it a great source of comfort the other night. I was having a REALLY bad day; not anxiety-wise, but personal problems. There was, admittedly, quite a lot of 'banter', and it was of a sexual nature but it wasn't what I would call offensive. There WAS some flirting going on, but I didn't really take the whole thing seriously.

When I actually brought up my personal problem, the joking stopped and everyone seemed genuinely concerned and I was quite touched. I have seen other people enter the chat room whilst 'banter' has been in full flow and say they're feeling crappy and immediately the banter stopped and there was, again, real sympathy.

Howver, I do understand that some of the talk that goes on is not to everyone's taste and I think that it's good that it's been brought to everyone's attention that there is the option to speak in another room.

But I, personally, found myself literally laughing out loud the other night in the chat room and I think it's great that we have somewhere to unload AND have a real laugh. So long may the chat room rule!!

That's my piece said anyway!!

Shiv x

Ammeg
13-05-06, 10:44
ummm ok!
so afew of you must have completely misunderstood my post!! i dont go in chat in the evenings- i go on in the day, we dont have any banter and we talk about everything from panic to who wants kids and how much of a pain they are!!!
Trac67- i dont want to create a chillout room- i never said anything about just wanting fun in the chatroom!!
Feege- i didnt think mirry was critising me on a personal level, no1 had replied to her so I thought i would reply on behalf of all me chat butties- i spoke to several yesterday and they were glad i replyed as we are worried that new people will be put of chat now by mirrys message that we mainly talk about sex etc!!!
Oh and there is a separate room for if you need any help, but I find most people who come on in the day just want cheering up!!
As shiv said as soon as they mentioned they had a problem people stop and try and help!! again mirry i am sorry if you go on there and dont get help and i am afraid u do have to tell people your not havin a good day!! i think it was a good idea to start up this thread mirry as it gets our thoughts out into the open!!! good one!!!
All i would like to say to every1 is chat is helpful and has helped loads and loads of people through bad times- it isnt always jokin but if u do need a cheering up its the place to go as well!!
Ammegxxxx:D

scoobygirl2005
13-05-06, 10:48
Right hm.......what shall I say? This is a very long topic eh! Mirry now I am a youngster and I am 16 and the chat room is absolutely fine, I find it very helpful, people are there to help but to have a laugh also. we all need cheering up! And there is another room anyway, its called chat for people needing help and then theres the one we all use called general chit chat.

About the sex talk, they only sometimes talk about that late at night and it is at night so I think thats ok as it does cheer us all up! But as everyone else has said if you need help we put on the serious faces and we help! We just like to have a laugh too. I find the chat room very helpful, there are so many nice people in there. So if you need help just come in and start off the conversation, we are all more than happy to help.

Hope this reply sounds ok? lol. Bit worried about it!

Scooby2005
x x

Granny Primark
13-05-06, 11:05
The chatroom for the last 3 months has been my saviour. I can honestly say i dont know what i would have done without it. Ive made some very good friends, had some excellent advice given to me and had many good laughs as well. I honestly think laughter is a better medicine than any tablets you can be given off the doctor. I havent found anything in there that has been disgusting in any way whatsoever. And thats coming from a granny age 51.

shiv
13-05-06, 11:08
hear hear lynn!

Shiv x

ruthb1
13-05-06, 11:34
hi, i am always on the chat site and i have found this to be of great comfort to me and it takes my mind off my panic attacks and health anxiety. i have made some great friends on this site and sometimes we have a good laugh and joke which i think that is what we need. On the serious side i would like to think that as a site we can help people overcome there fears and problems and if anybody tells us they are down we are all ears waiting to give advice. ruthb1

Two heads
13-05-06, 11:44
I only found the chat site yestaday and i think it really cheered me up!Sometimes i need to take my mind else where and i think i may have found the place.Also ive been on there this mor because i ve been silly and very sad and they seem to really want to help!I think banter is ok within reason.I do know that most people if they were to admit are a little crude anyway.so i wouldet worry to much.xxx

nomorepanic
13-05-06, 15:42
It sounds to me that on the whole the chat room is doing what it should do and providing a great place to chill-out, have fun or be serious when necessary.

We used to have quiz nights in there as well and they were fun too!

I am glad people are finding it useful and getting help, support and humour there at various times. Maybe I will pop in later and say hi.

If it helps people then I can write up a post on how to use it and create new rooms, change avatar icons, use the emoticons etc.

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
13-05-06, 16:16
Good idea Nic, I think that will help if you write up how to use the controls etc. on there, as some people don't have a clue! Good idea.

Scooby2005
x x

emmy
13-05-06, 19:00
i just been told bout this post i have been on here for a few months now and have seen my fair share of childish behaviour and arguments to the point that chat had to be changed around....... i dnt want to see that happen again its not fair on others but i aint heard any sexual stuff apart from comments like (i not had sex for a week) it all been in joke i avnt been in chat for a bit but i did do my own room cause i was in silly mood so it wouldnt offened people may thats what i will do every time i go in chat now........

i am sure that everyone likes a laugth and we all need help at times we need to laugth,smile and have support more than we do debating....

i appoligise if i have offened anyone at anytime but i know im not only suuferer with panics and stuff if it hadnt been for meeting the great people who made me laugth i think my depression would have got better of me.....

tracey the chill out room is mine lol :D thats what i called my room when i created it...

i hope all this gets sorted out it a shame it went this far...

hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
13-05-06, 19:40
i have had such bad panic and all i can say the people ive met in chat our wonderful people...all of them...the room does get busy at times ya need to speak up put caps on we are here to help everyone sure we laugh and joke it has helped me tremedously ..sometimes we need to just forget about things for awile and laugh and joke but we also are there to talk about disorders....i made many good friends there and i care for every one we are all in the same boat we need to make light of things thats what helps so im all for the laughs and jokes im sorry you feel this way but there is another room in the HELP...if you find us inapropriate... we hurt too but we reach out and laugh its the best medicine there is..and there is no side effects maybe just ribs hurt from laughing is that a crime.sorry just had to put my 2 cents in and also thank nic for this website it has helped alot of us...be happy!!!!!!smile

joolsukuk
13-05-06, 19:51
hi just to say i went into chat today and have to say i havent laughed so much in a long time..you want to know what about??.......PANCAKES... that was the coversation and it was great.. thanks to the guys and gals in chat cheered me up xx

jools xx

MamaCass
13-05-06, 20:19
WELL WELL WELL....whats going on here then!!!
Here i am...im the fisrt one to put my hands up to becoming the first Roy chubby brown :D

I suffer with all sorts and think im dying...i was agoraphobic 12 months ago with the worst ever symptoms and i thought i was dying...but im still here mwhaha..ive been an alcoholic..been in a nut house and ive killed myself a few times...now im training to be a psychiatrist...
One thing we have to remember...thoughts..if we think we come here to talk about our problems thats ok..but a laugh is also the best medicine ever and with pure damn determination ive turned from agoraphobic into shopaholic...well some people dont have a sense of humour do they and thats what spirals into the same old same old.
Like i say everyone here is in the same boat and come here to let out their feelings and troubles...then we try to cheer them up by having a laugh..the thing is with most people they dont want to help themselves and hence becoming addicted to how they feel. Of course i have got a heart of gold...i want to help others and training to become a psychiatrist says it all...dont u think.
I go to the mental hospital and i talk to patients as part of my course...and we talk about funny things...including sex!! It broadens their amusement than sitting there looking out of the window..and they always thank me for cheering them up..
If you are ever in chat mirry....SHOUT,,, we are all very understanding...but we like to entertain too and if we can help in anyway be cheering anyone up...we do...

OK all this talk is after the watershed....BEWARE.

Love to u mirry...and sorry if u feel the way u do...
We are a bunch of clowns waiting for the men in white coats to take us away....for the last time [:P]
If we cant laugh we are nothing..[Sigh...]

trac67
13-05-06, 20:32
Ammeg,

The idea of a chill out room was so that everyone was happy, but if you don't want to meet others half way, the thats up to you mate.

Cassie,

I think your comment about people not wanting to help themselves is very unfair, the reason people join NMP is to get help, if they didn't want help they would not take the time to join somewhere like this.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

alexis
13-05-06, 20:44
I used to go in chat months ago, when Kairen, Ray,Trac, Nic, Karen, Mico, Sue5, Kate, Piglet, and many others went in,we would be in for hours on end and never had any upset, sometimes we would go into other rooms or private talk, it was a wonderful place and where we all met and made friends, its a pity there is so much upset about it now.
I have been in when there has been little upsets since but it has always been sorted one way or another,
Hope this manages to be sorted and make it as happy, useful and clean fun as we all had, agree oldies???

florence
13-05-06, 21:00
Hey Alexis

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I used to go in chat months ago, when Kairen, Ray,Trac, Nic, Karen, Mico, Sue5, Kate, Piglet, and many others went in,we would be in for hours on end and never had any upset,</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I do miss it very much !
Take care.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

alexis
13-05-06, 21:07
And of course you too Florence,[V]. xxxx

trac67
13-05-06, 21:12
I agree with you Alexis it has changed so much in the past few months, we need an old timers night one night lol

Love
Trac xx

alexis
13-05-06, 21:14
Well Trac, I agree so you fix the date and Ill be there, not a monday or Tuesday.xxx

kate
13-05-06, 21:14
Me and Flo are in there now! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

wobily_lin
13-05-06, 21:21
Hi All,

Ok, I seemed to have missed this post. Can I say that I am one of the regulars in chatroom of late. It is my lifeline atm.

As some of know I am really struggling atm and will be going into a rehab unit very soon. I have ALWAYS supported ppl when they come into the chat and have spoken to many on here in pm also if they have been having a bad time. I am a very caring person. I don't like to see ppl hurting at all.

Yes the chat room has been quiet silly and we have had really a good laugh. As said in previous replies at this moment I need to try and forget all the chit I'm going through and the chat room is certainly doing this. If anyone every needs to discuss a serious prob we have always given them advice and support. Thats what it's all about. Mirry I'm sorry if you felt on that occasion u didn't get that. I know myself two nights ago and last night I was in a bad way. The whole chat room supported me the whole night. And in the end they cheered me up by taking my mind off things for a while again. I think we all need to laugh at times. Even more when we are feeling chit.

May I also say that on a few occasions we did make another room. BUT, everybody from the lounge came in. That was their choice. As much as ppl do feel crap, i think they also need to be cheered up. In the end, we just stayed in the lounge as I for one would never want to offend anyone which is why the room was set up. So really I dont think another room is a good idea as the lounge was left empty.

We all need support on here and I do like to think that I do give that as much as I can. I have made alot of good ppl and friends in chat. Nobody would ever want to hurt or offend in anyway.

When a serious matter crops up we do calm down and help whoever it is to the best of out ability. Then we try to take their mind off it and it isnt always of a sexual nature. Laughter is really good therapy and it is really keeping me hanging in atm. They really are a great bunch of ppl on there and they care so much. We all do.

'Never wear a frown, it's never in style. Do your very best to SMILE SMILE SMILE'.

That's my motto atm and it's very hard. BUT KEEP LAUGHING GUYS!!

Take care of u all.

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Lin,
xxx

alexis
13-05-06, 21:28
Hi Lin, one of my best memories of chat was one night when I asked Nic if she was new, as I always had the pig and she was in before me and already had it, later that evening everybody started signing out and back in with silly names(could use any names in them days) all using my pig, the next day I couldnt work out why my sides ached so much and it was with laughing, as you say, we all need fun, talking about anxiety depression 24/7 would drive anyone worse, we all like to be silly too, I havent experienced the sexual talk, but wouldnt like it if I was feeling bad and did.I am sure this will be sorted soon, xxx

nomorepanic
13-05-06, 21:45
Alexis - I gave you the pig in the end mate and swapped it for the beer!!!!!

Some of the newer members may like to know that the chat room was funded purely by members from this site. It cost me over £250 and loads of people chipped in to contribute which was absolutely fab.

It is a shame that the chat room causes a lot of posts on the forum as it is the one thing that people get really upset over.

I am sure it can be worked out in time. I have been on the end of a very nasty experience in the chat room and a few of you will remember the upset it caused but we have moved on since then and I am hoping we never get that again.

Let's make it a fun and supportive place to be and not one that people have horrid memories of.

Nicola

alexis
13-05-06, 21:50
Yes Nic, a pint of stella, for my pig, I think I came out tops,xx

wobily_lin
13-05-06, 21:57
Hi,

Alexis, I know what u mean bout the sides and stomach aching. lol. yeh and the reason is cos I havent laughed so much in such a long time. It does help. love to u hun.xx

I have just been into the chat and asked others in there what they think. And nobody has had a prob. As like I said before I would never intentionally offend or hurt anyone. This would really upset me.

I feel everyone is intitled to their own opinions and that's cool. I was in there til bout 3 am this morn and we played a story game. It was so much fun. In the end I couldnt even say anything cos i was rofl. I needed that.

Nic as far as I'm concerned there is no prob with the chat and like I said I have asked others. Atm there is new ppl in there and we are supporting them and also trying to lift their spirits if we feel that is the right way to go. If not them we just support them. So hope this issue soon goes away. take care of u. xxx.

Like said we are all intitled to our opinion and everyone matters.

Take care.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Lin,
xxx

Spice
13-05-06, 23:01
Hi

I have only been on chat 3 times and the first two times I left because the conversation was centred around sex and I am certainly no prude!

Tonight I decided to have another look in as I was feeling particularly low. Upon entering the room I was greeted by one member and inbetween chatting with a few others I was asked what was wrong with me, how old I was, had I been on the site long and other questions and I said back that it seemed like I was getting the 20 questions as the only time I was included was to be quizzed! There were various other quips being made about not being able to make jokes etc., which were obviously directed at other members!
When I made my response about the questions another member said that she felt no-one was talking to her and so another person replied - that one of us was complaing that no-one was talking and other other one was complaining about being questioned - at that the other member left.
I was accused of being p*ssed off and I said that I wasn't I was just stating a fact! I was then told to shut up and then later told that I was picking a fight ..... all because I dared to answer back!!!

I thought I would post this myself before the story got distorted as these two members seem to think of themselves as some sort of chat moderators.

Pity help anyone who goes in there in a low mood trying to get some sympathy and a decent chat is all I can say.
I have no doubt that others have had a good experiance on chat but this was mine - being told to "shut up" !!!!

Thanks

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

nomorepanic
13-05-06, 23:05
Spice

I will look at the chat logs to see what was said ok and get back to you.

Nicola

MamaCass
13-05-06, 23:45
its just a shame some people have to make silly comments on here to bring the room down....Spice i was there when u was supposedly asked the 20 questions...and all lin as doing was trying to make u feel welcome and get to know you so we could understand people a bit more.

Its seems a bit much to be offended by someone trying to welcome you so that you dont feel left out...
I know it sounds a bit harsh but its extremely childish to make such comment to those who try and care...but some people dont like to hear the truth it seems......[Sigh...]
The chat room is full of people who care and in the same boat as you are...and i feel sorry for nic as the chatroom is full of wonderful people and she has waste time to read through chat logs which are not true..it spoils it for everyone else. [Sigh...] But some people do spoil it unfortunatly.[Duh!]

scoobygirl2005
13-05-06, 23:53
Well said Cass. Spice we all care about you, we all just try and help. Lin was making you feel welcome.

Scooby2005
x x

wobily_lin
13-05-06, 23:53
Hi,

Excuse me, I was the person asking spice the questions nic. She said it was her first time. There was loads of ppl in there. So I tried to include her in the chat. At first she was ok when i related to her not being able to go out. Then when I asked another question I got 'oh is this 20 ??'. I apologised to her and told her i was just trying to include her in the chat.

It is normal for ppl to ask these ?? like what do u suffer with? and how long have u had it??. Thats how we get to know ppl. Another member came in who i hadnt met before and she said ' oh here she goes again'. This was out of order i feel. I asked the person if they minded me asking and he said no.

I did apologise to spice although I don't feel I done anything wrong. And she said she was ok but I said it sounded as if she wasnt. That was the last thing i said to her.

I really have no idea what was wrong with this. And no I am not a moderator. I have enough to cope with without that. I feel the comment regarding me asking her questions are unfair. I was only trying to welcome a new member that I hadnt spoke to before. The chat in there was normal and peaceful and supportive at the time. But very busy.

This has upset me as I would never intentionally hurt any member on here. I was just being supportive but I feel for some ppl maybe this isnt enough. So it seems now that if u try to include ppl its wrong and if u dont support them its wrong. So nic can u tell me what I'm supposed to do. Maybe in future just keep my mouth shut.

Sorry but I really can't see what i did wrong.

And thats my opinion.

take care,
xxx

Lin,
xxx

scoobygirl2005
13-05-06, 23:58
I stand by you with that Lin, you didn't do anything wrong at all hun. You were just being your normal friendly supportive self. I don't know why Spice took offence because you did nothing wrong at all. Try not to worry. I know that you are a nice supportive person and I say you were just making Spice feel welcome. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

Spice
14-05-06, 00:31
Scooby 2005 - Can you please tell me why I am supposed to not take offence to being told to "shut up" ????????

Casstella - Are your comments that some people spoil it for others aimed at me in particular?

I only went in there to cheer myself up and this is what I get, first questioned, then made to feel bad about answering back.
I am sorry that nic has to read the chat log too but tell you what as I am obviously not welcome in your little chat world - I will leave the site as I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable posting on the forums now either!!!

Thank you nic for the great site and I wish you well.

Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

MamaCass
14-05-06, 00:40
Well first of all spice..im an adult and dont like to get into petty rows or conversations.....i think the question you asked if it was aimed at you...speaks for itself.
And by leaving the site you have lost out nobody else...we said we care about you...so the decision is yours....:D

wobily_lin
14-05-06, 00:42
Hi,

Spice nobody said you are not welcome on this site or in the chat. The chat room is for everyone. I did try to talk to you but u took offence to that.

I don't feel leaving the site is a good step for you as it is a great source of support. But then that's my opinion.

I really wish u hadn't took my 'questions' as a negative thing. I was only trying to get to know u so I could understand u probs. And support u in what ever way I could. But you took it in such a bad way. I did apologise to you in the chat room although for what I really dont know.

Whatever u decide to do I wish you all the best. And hope you find some peace and support.

take care. x

Lin,
xxx

nomorepanic
14-05-06, 01:07
Woah!!!![:O]

Calm down people.

I never read the chat logs unless someone has an issue and then I need to in order to clear it up.

Firstly - there are a few people in there that think it is "their chat room" and no-one else should be in there. I am not naming names but they will know who they are. All the chat is about "our chat room" and we can "do what we like" in there. I would like it to be a chat room for all and not the select few.

The last two days has been nothing but talk of this post. New members were coming in and all the talk was about this post so it looked a bit weird as they had no idea what people were on about.

Everytime a "regular" came in the subject reverted back to this post with many people egging each other on to reply and sometimes to even have a go at Mirry over it. I know we all have our opinions and it may have seemed that Mirry was having a go at the people in chat as well and that will always provoke a response.

Spice - I read the transcript with you and it was fine. People were asking you lots of questions but that is normal - they weren't being cruel etc just trying to get to know you. I did see that one member told you to "shut up" but I do feel you were a bit defensive and may have come across as agressive. There is no need for you to leave forum atall. Maybe it was a bad time for you to go in there but nothing bad was said and I do have to say that it all seemed quite amicable towards you. Sorry if you feel you have to leave but I do have to defend people when they were not in the wrong.

When I posted the reply saying I was reading chat logs a few people told others to shut up talking and not say anything and even thought I sent spies in to see what was going on. I find this amusing. I don't have time to monitor chat or go in anymore but I really wish it would be a place that anyone can go for help.

Please let's sort this out and try and support each other in there.

Thanks all.

Nicola

wobily_lin
14-05-06, 01:39
Hi Nic,

I am one of the regulars in the chat as u know. I warned ppl as I didn't want anyone to get into trouble. The prob is now I feel we can't say anything. Or be ourselves.

Tonight in chat the whole convo was about this post. I didnt know bout it til I went in there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So I have no issue with Mirry making the post in the first place.

Also for the first time in weeks the chat was empty. It was real busy earlier but then it eased off. Like I said in alot of ways the laughing did help loads of ppl. But as said earlier, just feel cant be ourselves now.

I don't feel the chat is in anyway mine. lol. Gawd. It's just that atm I am in there quiet alot as I need it. I need the support and the banter. It's keeping me going. Truely it is. We mess about saying bout decorating and stuff. But thats all it is. Just joking. I always try to welcome everyone when they come in and support them too.

I do hope this stops soon. As this is really upsetting me and I really don't need it.

Thank you for looking into the logs. I'm sorry u had to do that. Just extra for you to do.

Let's hope we can all just draw a line under this. And get back to being friends and as u say support each other. Altho I feel I was doing this anyway.

Take care and thanks again.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

Lin,
xxx

alexis
14-05-06, 09:25
I am glad this appears to be getting sorted a bit now, I went in last night, and then got kicked out and off msn, stupid computer, tried to get back and it froze altogether so I will catch you all another time, I havent been in for ages because I found I was staying until 3am etc and became a bit addicted but it was there when I needed it most, on one occassion a shut down was threatened,(maybe strong words ther Nic?) due to some trouble, lets not go down that road again, take care people and happy chatting.xxxxx

Spice
14-05-06, 09:43
Hi

Thanks for reading the transcripts Nic.

I am glad that you can see that I was being asked lots of questions.
Maybe they were just trying to get to know me and I agree with you that maybe it was a bad time for me to go in there. I was misguided into thinking that the room was for support!!

You say I was defensive which may have come across as aggressive - of course I am defensive and want to protect myself. I can also see how that might have been taken as aggression however what reason was there for Denise 84 to tell me to "shut up"???????
And you say that nothing bad was said to me - I was also accused of being "p*ssed off" !!!! All because I got defensive over answering questions about my anxiety inbetween their lewd chat!! As you and many others will know agoraphobia is a horrible illness and to be asked questions about what was wrong with me inbetween lewd comments is very insensitive in my opinion.
Yet you feel that it all seemed quite amicable!!!
I am glad that although I have anxiety and agoraphobia I can stand up and speak for myself as goodness knows what effect being told to shut up would have had on some people!!

Having decided to leave the site last night, I slept on it and decided to see what to-day would bring but my opinion is that I will still go.

As I said before Thank you for the great site and I wish you well - and as a Moderator could I please ask you to delete my profile.
Thank you.

susan
14-05-06, 10:30
You can delete your reply!!! Now that would have stopped me stressing about my inputs!! I shall explore this... wished Id retracted a few things that I immediately thought were badly thought out. And guys... surely were all here to comfort each other. Lets save th angst for those out there who really deserve it. Ive got a few if anyone wants a list... nar, forget it![}:)] Susan. x

sue

nomorepanic
14-05-06, 11:15
I just want to clear up a few issues.

I am NOT in the habit of reading the chat logs. Last night was the first time this year. I want to respect everyone's privacy and I have NO interest in reading the logs just to see who said what to who. I only read yesterday and last nights log to see what was said to spice.

Please don't feel that you can't talk openly and freely in there. No-one is spying on you or your chat I assure you of that.

Spice - I am mailing you part of the log showing what was said to you etc. I hope this helps clear things up. I don't think you should leave the forum and I think you should give it a day or 2 to reconsider. There was no lewd chat that I could see.

Let's put this behind us and move on. I think everyone has had their say and that is a good thing but now we are achieving nothing.

Thanks all and I hope chat gets back to normal soon.

Nicola

Ammeg
14-05-06, 11:26
gosh!!!
so I guess this means chat is good!! readin over the posts most people feel welcomed and only afew have had bad experiences!!
Spice- I was just wonderin how you would have felt if you was ignored and not asked anyhting about urself??? just wonderin not havin a go!!
So good one mirry!! i think this was a good post and got many of our thoughts and feelings out in the open!!!
Speak to you all on chat i guess!!! lol
Ammegxxxxx

P.s- A huge thanx to nic for settin up chat- it really has helped sooo many of us!!!

honeybee3939
14-05-06, 12:09
Hi

At the moment i know Spice is going through a very bad patch and feel she needs all the support she can get, and i dont think she realy needs all this as i know it will be upsetting her so much, i think it would be a good idea to have a serious chat room and also a humur room too, i was in chat the other night and i must admit i did have a laugh, but i also no its not for everyone especially when they feel so down and need to chat about serious issues for support, i think this site is a life line for many people including me. spice as given me much support over the last couple of months and i for one would be so upset to see her leave this site, she as become a great friend whom i dont want to see hurt more than what she is.

Love Andrea
xxxx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 13:40
Whoa! This certainly was a hot topic eh! Can't believe how many people have replied to this, its like a little arguement! lol. We do like to have a laugh in there but as everyone else has said if someone comes in needing support we will help them. Someone came in to chat last night and rushed straight into the help room and I went in there after them, if someone is unhappy we stop the laughing and we go and help. Well I guess its all sorted now eh? So thats good. We can all be one big happy family again! lol. Keep smiling guys.

Scooby2005
x x

mirry
14-05-06, 19:01
hello people lol, i just come back from a weekend away and OMG [8)]

Look , I know i started this post but ive got no regrets,
yeah we can all be short fused with each other , some days more than others because we are humans with different emotions and having anxiety makes us more emotional ehh ?

Spice ,please dont leave this site, look how many people dislike me at the moment ! Too be honest i dont care, if it had been a few years ago this would of ruined my life!

Ammeg, its a shame we locked horns but it just shows you ,
us anxiety sufferers can be strong and solid !

mirryx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 19:34
Mirry, none of us dislike you. Its just you were saying that we don't have mature conversations in the chat. But we do, we also have a laugh, as we have all explained if someone needs help and support we will stop the the giggling and we will help! We are all very nice people Mirry, just come along in the chat and you will see for yourself. We are all here to support everyone and we do have mature conversations in chat.

Scooby2005
x x

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 19:37
hi all just wanted to say i know im quite new on here but im sure no one dislikes anyone(i dont mean to speck for others,i just dont think it should crush anyone) its just airing veiws i dont think it should be personal.. it can be hard to relate what you mean when writing it can come across diferent to how its being said in your head..everyone ive come across has been lovely we are all on here for support... best wishes and love to all xxxxxx

jools xx

mirry
14-05-06, 19:47
scooby i dont want to bring it up again but
i said ((( "I" ))) dont have a mature conversation (not you).
once again, this is how its been taken.

I look back at my original post and just cant see a problem with it ?

To me its like saying.........

" i went into a shop to buy some milk but they didnt have any"
and other people saying
" we go in there everyday and we always get milk "

mirryx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 19:53
Ok fair enough Mirry, will you be coming in chat at all though? Because we are a nice bunch of people. I still say there is nothing wrong with what any of us say in the chat room. If you wanted to talk about panic problems etc. then all you have to do is bring it up.

Scooby2005
x x

Ammeg
14-05-06, 20:00
oh dear!!!
just to confirm me and mirry do in fact get on!! I think she made a good point and it shows how many people thought it was something to talk about by the amount who replyed!!! does that make sense???
anyway- wots gonno be the next 'heated topic??'
I think its fab that not only can we talk about all our problems on here but we can vent about anything!!!! lol
Oh well best go back to me chatroom butties!! lol
Ammegxx
P.s- i came on this evein especially to check out wots goin on!!!

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 20:10
lol Meg. Well I am glad everything is back to normal again! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think we all expressed it! lol.

Scooby2005
x x

Keitharcher
14-05-06, 20:29
Well this thread does seem to have sparked a lot of controvosey, it would appear to me that a lot of people are trying to be diplomatic. I remember when i joind NMP, and first entered the chat room, a lot of people where chatting about inoccuous things, however i was made welcome and i diviludged the information I wanted to be public. Also i was very low at this time, in fact i was sucidal, member of the chat room talked to me about all sorts things to distract me from my problems and allow me to put them into perpespective. I got symapathy, I got help, I got understanding, I got cheered up. The chat room is an hydra, one head will be humourous whilst another is being serious, whilst another is being helpful. I have spent time in the room and noticed that in the main peoples feelings are respected and the wealth of help that goes on in there is seconed to none. I now consider myself cured, due in no small part to NMP and in particular the wonderful people that are on this site. I still use NMP as in my opinion I now owe a debt to the people on this site virtue of the fact i am still here. I know the chat room is hub bub of people letting of steam, people finding confidence in themselves through talking to others. I also have a feeling towards a few of the emebers of this site whom in my opinion need all the help they can get, I am here to support them in any way I can. I am not a trained medical practioner, but I do work as a volunter in a psycihatric rehabilition department. I know how to make people laugh, often using myself as the but of jokes, I also feel that mt attempts at being a humorist bring something to the chat room, (at least i hope they do). Wjilst i also respect the people who want to use the chat room simply as a sounding board for there ailments I feel that if its injected with humour then people can see their problems in another way, maybe they are not as heavy as they thought. All the accusations in this thread I didnt like a lot, in my opinion all the people on NMP are the best in the world. well I have rambled enough, in my opinion the chat room is well balanced, occasionaly (just as you would find in a pub) a comment is made that is mis construed, in my opinion this unitentional. Laughter is the best medicine, I know the NMP people will use whatever tools they can to help their fellow members, and they will be serious in chat when a member requires it.

Keith

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 20:31
Well said Keith, well said! lol.

Scooby2005
x x

mirry
14-05-06, 20:36
I may pop in later if i get all my ironing done and school kits sorted (been away).

Do You know what the saddest thing about this post is ?

Some people stayed well out of this argument knowing only too well they were involved and left us all too it !

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS...........
We are all stronger than we think and if you dont like something

"COMMUNICATE"

mirryx

Ammeg
14-05-06, 20:41
indeed!!!
Ammegx

wobily_lin
14-05-06, 21:56
Hi,

Gawd, I can't believe this is still going on.

Andrea, I thought Spice could do with a ear when I was chatting to her. I could relate to the agrophobia. I'm glad she has helped you babe. And you support each other. Thats what its all about init. And yes we did have a laugh the other night when you came in. Thinking of u hun. x

Keith, you are a great support to many ppl. And to me the other night. You tried to lift my spirits and certainly helped me. You do try to inject some humour if it is needed and if not you are a great listener. Thank you my friend.

Mirry, I'm glad in a way you wrote this thread. All opinions matter. And no nobody hates you. We all care so much bout everyone. Please do use the chat:)

I'm having a crap few days. The police have just come as my daughter has been missing since Friday. I really need the support of the chat room. I'm gonna pop in there now as I'm a nervous wreck. But to be honest, if the convo is gonna be bout this I wont be staying and that makes me sad. As it has helped me so much.

I do hope that we can now finish with this thread. I am always here to support u all. I do care. That's what is all about. Isn't it?????

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to all))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take care of u all.

Lin,
xxx

Lucy36
15-05-06, 13:00
hello all

my my ive been reading this thread.. god this is better than coronation street lol...[8D]

take care all
lucy xxxxxx

honeybee3939
15-05-06, 13:19
Lucy !

Im just hoping Richard hillman isnt amongst us !!!..lol

Love Andrea
xxxx

wobily_lin
15-05-06, 19:16
Oh that is so so funny. Good on you lucy and Andrea.lol.

Def brought a smile to my face guys:)

Take care and love to u both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Lin,
xxx

Keitharcher
15-05-06, 19:53
So come on admit it which one of you is semding the cards lol

Keith

mirry
15-05-06, 20:30
oooo keith i only do card making not card sending [:I] lol

mirryx

Ammeg
15-05-06, 21:09
hmmmmmm
evil laugh- hahahahahaha!!!! [}:)]

scoobygirl2005
16-05-06, 14:58
lol! U guys are funny! Which one of you was it that put the blood on the card?

Scooby2005
x x

mirry
16-05-06, 15:18
ooo i missed that episode ,tell me more !

mirryx

scoobygirl2005
17-05-06, 15:11
lol Mirry. Well what happened was Gail came home after work and David was still in bed, she found a card on the table, it hadn't come through the post and so she said someone must have been in the house to put it there. Spooky! lol. So then she found some blood on the back and she said someone must have had a papercut then. She called the police and they were going to do some kind of dna test I think. Then later on Jason and Sarah bought some chips back, Jason said to David be careful they are hot! So David picked a chip up and said Ouch! Gail said Jason did warn you they were hot and then David goes its not that, its because I have a papercut on my finger! And Gail didn't say anything she just froze. And then that was the end I think. It should be on tv tonight so you better watch it lol. Turns out it may just be David sending these cards. Spooky eh! lol.

Scooby2005
x x

Lucy36
17-05-06, 20:23
ohhh creepy... hey guys sorry to be a party pooper i was going to leave yous in suspense but i missed mondays episode but i did hear its david sending those cards...

that richard hillman used to give me nightmares lol

pooooooooor gail

ps i do prefer my easties thou

bye all
take care
lucy xx

mirry
17-05-06, 20:36
my husband said it was her son in the beginning (show off)

mirryx

pips
17-05-06, 23:11
You really are all on your soap box now hey guys! LOL

Love & Soaps,

PIP'S X X X X

scoobygirl2005
17-05-06, 23:18
lol. Corrie wasn't on tonight because the championship football cup thing was on lol. Anyone know whats been happening on Corrie lately? Is it definitely David sending the cards? Because I think I have missed one of the episodes.

Scooby2005
x x

sophieunderscore
17-05-06, 23:33
I don't know... its all out on friday though!

Apparently gail sets a trap for who she thinks it is but it turns out to be someone else at the last minute or something!

I wish they'd hurry up and get on with it though!

pips
18-05-06, 00:01
Yeah they have really dragged this story line out huh!

Lucy36
18-05-06, 12:55
Patience is a virtue guys lol.. it will be all revealed soon...

ps.. hey guys remember to buy the LOVE IT magazine on the 30th of May.. ive got a big story in it pictures and all.. [:X]

lucy xx [8D]