PDA

View Full Version : Im scared!

Anxiousmess
27-08-11, 17:02
okay so im 23.. im really scared i have a terminal illness and i have the doom feeling all the time im scared i only have a few days left to live i feel awful, im tired all the time, sleeping most of the time, my breathin feels weak all the time, im exhausted even writing a card out was hard work.. my eyes are all wierd and i feel so strange.. what if im dying :'( do u think i shud call a doctor out?

Trixie
27-08-11, 17:09
No best not call the doctor out:hugs:

It's terrible when you are anxious over something (my weakness is my cats health).

As hard as it seems try and fight the urge to call out the doctor. I know it is only his reassurance you need perhaps others can give you that on here.:hugs::flowers:

Anxiousmess
27-08-11, 17:15
im in bed feeling ill.. but my anxiety is making me think im dying.. i feel so energyless, its stange bcoz 5 days ago i was fine running around. feeling better, i was going to town n everything, but now i feel really ill my eyes r all wierd n i feel that exhausted im scared my body will just give up on me.. i keep crying n saying goodbye to my loved ones cause im scared im going to die real soon.. i feel like im going to fall asleep again.. iv only been up afew hrs.. wat the hell is happening to me :weep::scared15:

kibbutz83
27-08-11, 17:15
Hey, you're not dying, it's just that heightened awareness thing that makes you it's slave.. ain't it a b***h? :( I've had mine sitting on my shoulder now for 5 years, and I'm so exhausted with it... battle on, it does get kinda easier to cope with :)

Anxiousmess
27-08-11, 17:22
I keep thinking what if all this time iv been feeling unwell and anxious and the docs been saying its just anxiety what if it hasnt been? what if iv had a serious illness all along and now its really advanced or something.. im just petrified.. i jus cant take any of this anymore, why is the world punishing me? i jus want to be normal like others, i could just have a cold coming or something.. but oh no im scared im bout to die.. im getting married in 2 weeks and im a state.. i keep getting my other half to listen to my heart and breathing and he says its normal but it doesnt feel normal to me.. ever since my step dad died of cancer iv been so scared.. i dont want to go thru what he did, i dont want to leave my family.. see im talking like iv been told by a doctor im a few days or weeks away from dying.. i jus hate this :'(

LaNae
27-08-11, 17:55
Believe it or not, anxiety really can be this extreme. I read a story once of a man who was suddenly sacked from his job by phone whilst driving home from work. He got so stressed he almost crashed and lost all feeling in his legs for days. He got tested for MS. It was NEVER anything more than stress. He is now fine after he had some counselling and calmed down.

I myself have thought I was about to kick the bucket many times- it's a classic anxiety attack. I'm healthy as anything. I have collapsed like jelly onto the floor, being unable to breathe well or swallow, etc... anxiety. I'm still here, and nothing wrong with me.

I know it's hard but you have to cling to the FACT that you are okay. Read about how to cope with stress and anxiety online, you'll find a lot of interesting info, and sometimes all you need is reassurance that others have felt this way before and nothing unusual is happening to you.

Trixie
27-08-11, 18:41
I keep thinking what if all this time iv been feeling unwell and anxious and the docs been saying its just anxiety what if it hasnt been? what if iv had a serious illness all along and now its really advanced or something.. im just petrified.. i jus cant take any of this anymore, why is the world punishing me? i jus want to be normal like others, i could just have a cold coming or something.. but oh no im scared im bout to die.. im getting married in 2 weeks and im a state.. i keep getting my other half to listen to my heart and breathing and he says its normal but it doesnt feel normal to me.. ever since my step dad died of cancer iv been so scared.. i dont want to go thru what he did, i dont want to leave my family.. see im talking like iv been told by a doctor im a few days or weeks away from dying.. i jus hate this :'(

Although I am not a wedding person (I hate a fuss) you must be looking forward to the day ( I only told immediate family and friends I was getting married:blush:).

None of us know when we are going to die (thank goodness) but we must live for today and try not to think negative thoughts :hugs: