PDA

View Full Version : glaucoma suspect

violet33
27-08-11, 18:13
i dont have glaucoma but am a glaucoma suspect. i see opthalmologist every 6 months and am EXTREMELY ANXIOUS when i go for the recheck. so far, so good, Thank God. is there a way to do an opthalmology check on myself without going to dr.? like home tests? i would really love to know, because i would prefer to avoid these anxiety provoking office visits. i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE AN ANSWER, SINCE I ALREADY POSTED HERE ABOUT A HEAD ISSUE I WAS REALLLY ANXIOUS ABOUT AND GOT NO RESPONSES WHATSOEVER. THAT WAS ON 8/22.

pb
28-08-11, 11:59
I have hospital eye checks once a year as i have slightly raised eye pressues but no glaucoma. The hospital checks my pressures , looks at the back of my eyes and does a visual field test. None of the checks can be done at home. I like you become very anxious, but i know that they are vital to ensure the health of my eyes.
Hope this helps x

Hazel B
28-08-11, 13:08
There are no home checks, you need a proefessional. The condition is completely manageable these days.

simi
30-08-11, 19:29
hi I have the same have to go back in november I don"t think you can test at home but try and stay calm when you go (I know not easy) keep in touch