PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Coxxy
27-08-11, 18:16
Hello, just a little greeting and intro. My name is Andy and I am 30. Obviously it is not nice to read about other people suffering, but hopefully with some communication and sharing of knowledge we can all march along that road to recovery.

I suffer from anxiety most days, rooted in hypochondria. The slightest ill feeling sparks a day of anxiety, expecting a heart attack, stroke, cancer finally 'getting hold of me' etc. Of course none of this ever happens, but the fear is debilitating and only a very tiny voice deep in my head tells me that actually I'm ok and it's anxiety that's causing my physical symtoms.

Can anyone relate to this? I can't see a clear way out of this at the moment, but I'm hopeful of finding it. I hope we all can.

diane07
27-08-11, 18:18
Hi Coxxy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paulhem
27-08-11, 22:24
Hi Andy

Most of us here have the exact same feelings.

Over time we train ourselves to make most go away , its a battle but a winnable one.

Keep the faith. You can beat this.

Gemma T
27-08-11, 22:39
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum. I have health anxiety and know how you feel. Im sure you will find all the support you need.

Love Gem x x x

venusbluejeans
28-08-11, 02:55
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

mary56
28-08-11, 19:50
Hi Steve

I can so relate to your difficulties. I suffer from acute anxiety, though up until last week, I have been fairly free of symptoms through the year. However, after a long period of stress, I am now completely physically and mentally exhausted and I suffer from palpitations (heart flutters) which completely freak me out. I have to take beta blockers for a rapid heart rate, but these don't stop the palpitations.

Like you, I always think the worst. It is so hard to reprogramme yourself to accept that you will be OK if you are someone who panics. I think it is inbuilt and it is hard to change your way of thinking. How I wish I could do that. I know other people who get palpitations and take them all in their stride!

Anyway, just to let you know you're not alone; this site is full of people suffering similar problems. You will find it a big help and very supportive. Give the chat rooms a try; many people will tell you that they have experienced the same kind of thing.

All the best, and write if you would like to.

Mary x:)

clarelea
28-08-11, 23:32
hi andy! the very same thing is happening to me, i hope you get better soon, i hope i do too, if u need a chat you can talk to me, i dont wanna seem awfull but this is the first post that says to me thank god!! you described me down to a tee!!!!! infact im welling up inside now just knowing ... damn :) and wow xxxx clare

Fly away Katie
29-08-11, 12:59
Hello and welcome to NMP :) xxx

Butterfly22
29-08-11, 13:05
Hello Andy and welcome to NMP :)

Coxxy
29-08-11, 15:47
Thank you all for the messages. It means a lot to hear from people like Paul and Mary as knowing I'm not alone and have support reminds me I'm not going crazy!

Gemma and Clare - rest assured I know how you feel too and we will be well again soon enough (even though we are almost certainly well in the physical sense already!) Sorry for making you well up Clare.

Speak to you all soon and thanks again.

Andy