PDA

View Full Version : very first one....

joeybabes
27-08-11, 18:59
Hi guys, my name is jo i am 33 yrs old married and have a very difficult 8 yr old son.

i have been diagnosed with anxiety and am on citalopram for deppression i suffer with palpatations all the time and the pain in the middle of the chest. i woke early this morning unabke to sleep so i cane downstairs and within seconds i couldnt catch my breath,i was sweating,trembling and was sick (that may have been due to wine the night before) i called my husband downstairs who was frightened when he saw me. i rang nhs direct who confirmed that it sounded like i had a panic attack. it scared me so much as i have never had this before. ever since i had the attack though i have had pain in my right arm like a spasm moving down to my wrist i am so scraed that im gonna have a heart attack. i am starting cbt therapy in two weeks though so maybe this will help

help and advice needed

diane07
27-08-11, 19:02
Hi joeybabes

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paulst
27-08-11, 22:10
Hi jo :welcome:to the forum.

venusbluejeans
28-08-11, 02:55
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

clarelea
28-08-11, 23:30
aww bless, hope your having a better day today xxxx

cityinadream
29-08-11, 07:10
Hi Jo, welcome (:
I hope you're feeling better, and I hope the CBT is successful for you. Best of luck. (:

Fly away Katie
29-08-11, 13:01
Panic attacks are bloomin HORRIBLE things!!!!! Welcome to the forum. xxx