PDA

View Full Version : omg so scared

joeybabes
27-08-11, 19:07
Hi guys, my name is jo i am 33 yrs old married and have a very difficult 8 yr old son.

i have been diagnosed with anxiety and am on citalopram for deppression i suffer with palpatations all the time and the pain in the middle of the chest. i woke early this morning unabke to sleep so i cane downstairs and within seconds i couldnt catch my breath,i was sweating,trembling and was sick (that may have been due to wine the night before) i called my husband downstairs who was frightened when he saw me. i rang nhs direct who confirmed that it sounded like i had a panic attack. it scared me so much as i have never had this before. ever since i had the attack though i have had pain in my right arm like a spasm moving down to my wrist i am so scraed that im gonna have a heart attack. i am starting cbt therapy in two weeks though so maybe this will help

help and advice needed

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

anx mum
27-08-11, 19:44
Yeah does sound like a panic attack hun i felt exactly the same few months ago i was so scared was getting chest pains like u. How long u been getting chest pains?

joeybabes
27-08-11, 19:45
didnt get the chest pains today buy getting them on and off for about 12 months they only started as i found my friend dead in her bed

anx mum
27-08-11, 19:48
ah hun no wonder u r anxious chest pain is awful and scary have u sought any help

joeybabes
27-08-11, 20:00
yeah i start cbt therapy in 2 weeks

anx mum
27-08-11, 21:23
Good that should help u i have cbt coming to the end of it. It tries to give u more positive thoughts. U on meds?

snowwhite
29-08-11, 08:21
Hi Jo,

I can't speak to the cbt ... but I can tell you that I've had exactly the same thing happen to me! It really does sound like panic. This is such a hard thing to deal with, it has so many different and wild symptoms, and it does make you think you're probably dying of some dreaded disease, at least that's how I get. But, honestly, you do sound like you had a really bad panic attack ... it's good you'll be getting some help ... you have a very traumatic experience with your friend, so no wonder the chest pains! My husband has had them too actually, pretty bad ones...he also had experience the pain down his LEFT arm however...oh boy, that really scared me, but when he got checked out, they said it was panic! So, there you go. Feel better soon, and good luck with the cbt ...:)

joeybabes
31-08-11, 16:29
Hi snow white.....yeah but since having that one i have had another little one i was just lying in bed and bang there i went. i am at my whits end with it constant pain in my arms back and chest gggrrrr

kibbutz83
31-08-11, 16:39
Hi Jo, yes definitely sounds like panic/anxiety.. seems to just sneak up on us unawares, but there's usually an underlying or ongoing issue physically or emotionally that causes the "meltdown"... you say you have a "difficult" child, I wonder what you mean by difficult?

s11fyx
31-08-11, 16:56
Sounds like panic attacks the pains caused by tension do you notice you hold your self tense? When tge panic attacks start try and practice relaxing breathing. Also remember they will only get so bad before they disappear there awful. Cbt should help it's helping me but it takes time x

joeybabes
31-08-11, 21:01
hi guys my son has adhd and behaviour problems so its a constant battle with him. i know what u mean about sneaking up i was lay in bed and had one last night only a small one xx