PDA

View Full Version : Constant racing heart

kittykat22
28-08-11, 07:34
Hi there,

I wanted some advice as I've been suffering from
Heart anxiety for the last 7 weeks or so and kept getting a racing pulse/hear rate on and off.

When I calmed down my heart rate would slow and go back to normal.

I'm now worried as the last few days it seems to have been racing continuously, I go to bed with a racing heart and wake up with one.

It's like my anxiety has permanently increased my heart rare and I'm scared it will cause harm :(

X

Anxious_gal
28-08-11, 07:50
Have you been to the doctor?
When I got stressed out my heart was racing all the time, to be honest I didn't feel it race as much as I felt breathless and tired. Went to the GP and got some tablets to calm me down and to help me sleep.
Went back after 4 days, heart still racing so got sent to the hospital for tests.
Basically I just had a fast heart rate from being stressed out, totally harmless .

Are you smoking or drinking coffee or alcohol?
Pain, lack of sleep, PMS too can all make your heart race.

s11fyx
28-08-11, 08:35
are you sure its not caused by adrealine rushes? i only get it after adrenaline rushes but when i was really anixious i could have you up to or more than 20 a day

sammi
28-08-11, 17:01
When my anxiety was really bad my heart raced constantly or atleast felt like it did, I would wake up to it and fall asleep to it, its not nice but it is because your anxious. You could go see your gp im sure he can give you something to calm you down and settle your heart rate.

ronski
28-08-11, 17:30
A racing heart with anxiety is harmless but it will drain you of energy and make you very tired. Also with an elevated heart rate at rest do not do any strenuous exercise until it lowers to normal. Stick to walking as that is the most gentle of exercises.

MidnightCalm
28-08-11, 17:57
I get a constant racing heart too :( None stop regardless of anxiety :///

kittykat22
29-08-11, 10:24
Midnight calm- when you say constantly races what is your heart rate roughly?
Mine always races and I'm scared my heart rare will keep getting higher :( x

s11fyx
29-08-11, 16:34
Do you do any kind of relaxation or meditation breathing exercises? It should really help x