PDA

View Full Version : 14 months to + HIV Test

lorenza
28-08-11, 08:44
Okay so I got tested for HIV in January because I became paranoid I had it, after 2 years of being with my current partner having sex without condoms (on the pill) And it was all negative, but then I remembered that last July I had a night out with friends where I got drunker than I should have, and I didn't remember getting home and to bed. And now I worry that the guy I'd been chatting to in the bar maybe followed me home and something happened, although I try and tell myself that I'd have had some idea at the time rather than just projecting this after I become paranoid of HIV. Even so IF something had happened, my HIV test was negative 6 months after. So I should be fine in case right? But today I read an article and it said someone tested positive after 14 months after testing negative before and now I'm very very anxious. Please help.

lorenza
29-08-11, 03:13
anyone? :(

Anxious_gal
29-08-11, 03:59
You are delusional, A delusion is a false belief held with absolute conviction despite superior evidence.
Which is very common with health anxiety suffers.

So you don't remember getting home, were you clothed when you woke up? Was the door locked?
If something did happen you would be sore, bruised and have some sort of evidence of rape.

Not every one gets infected from sleeping with a HIV person.
Firstly you have sorta made up a story that a guy may have raped you and the you decided that he has HIV.
Both of which do not exist, it's all your imagination.

Do you think another test would help?

What do you think your self that might help you believe you don't have HIV?

Therapy would help, it seems that you need help to over come this fear or you will find ways to always be paranoid about getting infected.

Sorry I did't mean for my post to come off sounding so harsh :)

kibbutz83
29-08-11, 20:38
Hey, I'd have to agree with Mishel and say it does sound like delusional thought processes... not nice, but better to be aware of them, then you have the power to do something about them :)