PDA

View Full Version : absolute nightmare to absolutely amazing!!

absolute nightmare
28-08-11, 12:24
Hi all

I was only on this website for a little while and its amazing how things can turn around, I just want to share my experiences with u coz there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Six months ago I started getting extreme anxiety it was disabling, alongside depression. The depression u can sort of cope with over time but the anxiety was terrible.

I stayed with my parents for nearly seven months, just spending day in and day out sleeping and feeling really unwell.

Then I had a short course of CBT, and all of a sudden the anxiety lifted, and I amazingly decided to go home. It felt a bit daunting at first, but its been seven weeks now nearly and i am still free of anxiety, I go shopping alone, do the house,work, gardening, and even spent one night on my own as the children were out elsewhere, it is amazing.

Please dont lose hope u will get there in the end, it may take time but you will. I am also doing voluntary work two days a week

Chin up keep strong and remain posiitive when u can

Velma66
28-08-11, 13:13
Brilliant post! Really positive, I'm so pleased for you-thank you for sharing that, gives us all hope! X

Hazel B
28-08-11, 14:56
Well done and thanks for the positive post!