PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

corinneforsyth
28-08-11, 13:54
Hi.ive been in perimenopause for the last 3 years,and just feel i cant cope anymore with this horrendous anxiety,:weep:I wake every morning with internal shaking,jelly legs and nausea,and thats just the start of my day.As the day goes on the internal shaking becomes external,ive no appetite and have to force myself to eat,im either sitting in a corner shaking and trembling or lying in bed for days on end crying.Ive no family or friends and live on my own,i can go for weeks without seeing anyone,which sadly i prefer,if i do have to speak to anyone i start shaking.My doctor puts all my symptoms down to anxiety being aggrivated by peri,but i just cant accept this explanation,i honestly think i have a serious illness that just hasnt been diagnosed yet.I was always so outgoing,but now have nothing or no one in my life.I have mobility problems so getting out and about is difficult sometimes,although ive always had the disability,i no longer have the fight left in me to deal with it.Will this perimenopause ever end,im 55 by the way,has anyone else had this continul internal shaking like youve swallowed a mobile on vibrate.Sorry if im rambling on a bit,but its just so hard to explain how i feel,IVE LOST ME,:weep:

nomorepanic
28-08-11, 13:56
Hi corinneforsyth

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

venusbluejeans
28-08-11, 13:57
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
28-08-11, 14:24
Hi and welcome to NMP , you will find support here , I hope you feel better today

:welcome:

Paige xx

mary56
28-08-11, 19:45
Hi there

My name is Mary and I joined No More Panic last November after suffering acute anxiety and panic attacks following a severe bout of food poisoning.

I have been pretty good since February but have over the last week suffered a relapse in my mental state so I have logged in again. I have had a lot of stress this year (broken relationship, work problems) and I kept going through it all; now the stress has eased, and I have 'crashed.' I am well into the menopause (age 54) and get awful hot flushes, and yes I have experienced the shaking you talk about. I also get palpitations (heart flutters) which scare me so much. I have to take beta blockers for rapid heart beat anyway. My heart is always my big problem as anything to do with it frightens me, especially when I get these missed or extra beats. I react to them with anxiety, which makes it all worse.

Hang on in there; this site is very helpful. Many people are in the same boat; it helps to know you aren't alone. I am sorry to hear that you are alone with no help. I live on my own but am fortunate to have a daughter and two little grandchildren.

Write back if you would like to.

Best wishes,

Mary x

corinneforsyth
29-08-11, 12:27
Thank you Mary for reply.I also get palpitations,heart has been scanned and its fine,so its anxiety related too.Its so scary isnt it?Im usually such a logical person,but i think when you have anxiety all logic goes out the window.I continually fret I have parkinsons becase of the shaking,would so love to have my life back again:scared15:

Gemmylou
29-08-11, 12:29
Hi,

How are you getting on? Anxiety is horrible you often wish you a switch to turn your brain off but there isn't one. I don't suffer phyicaly too much unless I'm really bad but have suffered a lot this year. I split with my boyfriend back in January and am finidning it really hard to move on and forget. I almost feel haunted by thoughts of him at times its awful, a lot of people don't understand and they often say silly things that make you feel worse. I guess I have bottled things up for a few weeks I haven't spoken to anyone about how I feel and yesterday should have been our anniversary and meeting a friend in the town where my ex lives almost destroyed me, I was in such a sate I found it hard to drive home. I have an obbession with my mobile and am seriously considering turning it off and handing it back to my family. Like you I live alone and I don't think that helps matters but I guess its hard for us to make friends as we are so lost in our thoughts it can be hard to enjoy life and talk socially to people. I ought to get ready for work in a bit. Haven't eatten for 24 hours.

corinneforsyth
29-08-11, 15:13
Hi Gemmylou,Im so sorry your having a rough time at the moment,yes people do tend to say stupid things,like pull yourself together grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as if we make the choice to feel as bad as this.You said we get wrapped up in our own thoughts,I hadnt really thought of that,living on your own you having time to go over and over things,think thats my problem to much time to over think and analise things.I so hope your feeling better soon,a break up is so very difficult.Regards Corinne

rubbisheeny
06-10-11, 11:55
Hi Corinneforsyth - so sorry to read that your having a hard time and feel alone, I am 43 and have had panic attacks since I was 17, have had cbt and paid for a few therapies that just havent worked but have helped me understand where the anxiety and fear comes from. I think we can spend too much time looking back at causes and battling so hard when the way forward seems to be to find a way of accepting the feelings and working with them instead of wishing them away. I would strongly suggest that you read or re-read Claire Weekes, some of her language is a bit dated, but she's amazing and everytime I read her books I feel that she has completely understood the anxiety and mind set we have. Also, please google or read 'The female brain gone insane' by Mia Lunden - she is an expert in peri-menopause and menopause symptoms - You will not believe how your hormones and lack of them can effect your body and mental health - please have a look and maybe make a GP appointment to discuss it and possible medications/hrt/etc. If you would like to chat privately please PM me. I wish you well, you really are not alone, use this forum and reach out as much as you need to until it gets better, and it will get better xxxxxxxx

Abby1
06-10-11, 14:04
Hi Corinne,
Im sorry you are struggling with being in the Peri-Menopause.
Just to say you are not on your own,i am suffering with it too. The anxiety is awful isnt it? You just cant explain it to people who havent had it how bad and crippling it is.
I also have Insomnia,memory loss,'brain fog',depression etc etc
I dont feel like myself anymore and it is a scary feeling isnt it. All the things i used to enjoy i cant be bothered with and i have to really force myself to do chores etc.
My life is so different now and not in a good way either.
Sorry i cant be more help but i thought id let you know you arent on your own.

amicus
06-10-11, 16:01
Hi Corinne. You are not alone. I am 55 and i have had the shaking feeling too. It's really horrible to go thru. I do have a husband but he works a lot and i am home alone most of the time so i know how you feel there too. And i certainly understand when you say You have lost yourself. I feel the same way. I'm not who i was anymore. I have found so much support and help here already and I'm sure you will too. Hang in there.

daybyday
06-10-11, 16:24
Hi I am 56 post menopause, and I understand the time of perimenopause.
Hugs to all ladies here moving into menopause.
I would love to talk with someone post menopause as I have a lot of questions at this time for me.

Gemma T
06-10-11, 16:28
Hi corrine

Just wanted to welcome u to nmp

Love Gem x x x

larissa
08-10-11, 16:28
Hi Corinne,

I do feel for you, I too am menopausal.
Up until the 10th August i was fine,I had no symptoms of anxiety,and had never suffered with anxiety of THIS level in my life.Later that day I was struck with sheer panic,and fear,I was petrified.I was shaking up my arms, legs internally and externally,so yes I have experienced these symptoms,and like you I had no appetite,I was so afraid of these terrifying emotions that had come out of the blue. Later I went to my doctors,who prescribed me with citropram,but I found these made my anxiety worse,so I didn't take too many of them,but I did return to my doctors to tell him. My doctor ran some blood tests,and found, I have high FSH levels,but whether that is the cause of the anxiety who knows!!! I am currently going to CBT,so far I have had I session,and it has been so helpful.I am hoping with the help of the CBT I will be able to refind me,as I so need too.This has been an nightmare.

hope this helps larrissa

terror-x
08-10-11, 23:45
corinneforsyth (http://nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=38670) welcome to the forum :)

premiumpackaging2
09-10-11, 01:11
Hi.ive been in perimenopause for the last 3 years,and just feel i cant cope anymore with this horrendous anxiety,:weep:I wake every morning with internal shaking,jelly legs and nausea,and thats just the start of my day.As the day goes on the internal shaking becomes external,ive no appetite and have to force myself to eat,im either sitting in a corner shaking and trembling or lying in bed for days on end crying.Ive no family or friends and live on my own,i can go for weeks without seeing anyone,which sadly i prefer,if i do have to speak to anyone i start shaking.My doctor puts all my symptoms down to anxiety being aggrivated by peri,but i just cant accept this explanation,i honestly think i have a serious illness that just hasnt been diagnosed yet.I was always so outgoing,but now have nothing or no one in my life.I have mobility problems so getting out and about is difficult sometimes,although ive always had the disability,i no longer have the fight left in me to deal with it.Will this perimenopause ever end,im 55 by the way,has anyone else had this continul internal shaking like youve swallowed a mobile on vibrate.Sorry if im rambling on a bit,but its just so hard to explain how i feel,IVE LOST ME,:weep:

Not that particular sensation. But I can relate to the age and social isolation and loss of mobility. Similarly I can go 'for weeks on end' without talking to anybody, but mine is not entirely from choice. I have Aspergers and a none verbal body language disorder, plus my social skills are ****.
:weep: