PDA

View Full Version : Still worried about bowels

phil06
28-08-11, 14:55
I'm still worried about my bowels I've had many weeks where it's better and then it seems to go back to diarrhea for a few days. I really fear some undetected illness. :ohmy:

LittleMissPanicky
30-08-11, 08:49
I know how you feel hunny, i too have the same problems, it might sound stupid , but i live in fear of my bowels and going to the toilet ! I have now started taking 1 immodium every morning along side the mebeverine, not sure if this is a good thing to do, but have a doctors appointment on friday so will check then. It's the uncertaincy i hate living with, not knowiing what my bowels are going to do today and that if they aren't "normal" then i will panic and think that there is something wrong. Hope you are feeling better xxxxx

disco2195
30-08-11, 09:46
Have you ever been tested for IBS? It is a very common problem that can be managed with medication and avoiding foods that you know trigger the condition. Try keeping a food diary to see if there is any pattern with symptoms. Easily sorted out with a small blood test from your nurse

phil06
12-12-11, 22:55
I find I go less days now but when I go it's alot and it always seems to be when I sit up late at night..if I get anxious I start to need a bowel movement now too. One issue is the wind and cramps thetas a big one I feel I need alot even if I don't. Causes me alot of distress at work or when trying to sleep.

Anybody else get this? :huh: I'm hoping to improve my sleep pattern to see if it helps.