PDA

View Full Version : bladder infection

Farr06
12-05-06, 17:47
I saw the GP nurse today about my feverishness and fatigue - she weighed me and did blood pressure (both normal) and took a urine sample. She said there was lots of bacteria in it and I have a bladder infection. GP gave me antibiotics, but I have had no symptoms like burning urine and stuff. I have only had the feverishness, bit of backache yesterday and I have been going to the loo a lot, but no burning at all. Does this mean its not a bladder infection if there is no burning ??

Anxiety Is Evil

fizz
12-05-06, 18:33
Hi ,
i suffer quite alot with water infections and you dont need to have the burning sensation to have a bladder infection,sometimes i have to go back and get repeat antibiotics cause the first lot dont work,take the antibiotics if they dont work go back to your doctor ,dont worry im sure youll be fine,the infections probably making you feel a little down as well

Two heads
12-05-06, 19:02
I had water infections alot when i was pregnant with my frist child and i never really had any bruning sweet!They all ways check your urine when pregnant.I remember just feeling a little run down but i thought it was just the pregnancy.Please try not to worry the doc would no!xxx

Daisybun
12-05-06, 20:16
Don't forget that you can also go to the loo a lot when you are anxious, its part and parcel of anxiety for some!

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

jackie
12-05-06, 21:30
i dont think the burning is the only symptom, does sound like bladder infection or cistitis if your back is sore and you are feverish. i had it two weeks ago and felt just awful

im sure the doc is spot on

jackie