PDA

View Full Version : Feeling desparate - throat/swallowing

Pigeon
28-08-11, 18:57
I only posted on here yesterday but have had a really bad weekend with my symptoms. I keep getting food stuck in my throat. It goes down eventually but I have been googling and convinced myself I have cancer of oesophagus rather than globus hytericus. I am over 50 and enjoy a regular glass of wine and google says thse are risk areas.
For years i have had problem with indigestion symptoms - the usual sort but all of a sudden have developed this swallowing thing when eat bread or something like that. Sometimes am ok but have had this feeling 4 or 5 times in last week.

Usually when I eat I start burping more or less straight away and it goes on for ages. I have a constant tightness in my neck/throat which casues mild pain.
I had an ulcer about 20 months ago and had endoscopy which showed no cancer anywhere. could it have developed since then?

Anyway have got so anxious about it that i can't seem to function properly. Even began to wish I was dead today. I know that sounds dramatic but I don't think I can cope anymore. Please tell me you have same situation as me and that I'm not going to die