PDA

View Full Version : I'm TRYING to be good... (heart worries).. but the fear is rising

MandySlade
28-08-11, 19:50
For the last week or so I've been getting these weird sensations in my chest/heart area. They don't seem to be connected with panic or come with any other symptoms. They are happening VERY frequently and esp when I'm sitting or laying down for some reason. What happens is I get this odd "jump" type feeling in my chest.. almost like when you have that falling feeling right before you fall asleep, where your body jerks? It's kinda like that, but in my chest. I suppose it's similar to skipping a beat, but it's not an all out flutter (I've had those before) and it's not painful either. I've been trying to blow it off as anxiety, but it's getting consistent every day. I'm saving for my wedding right now, which is in 7 weeks, and I've already spent a good chunk of change on going to DRs for random non-serious things. I don't want to go again if this is "just anxiety". Keep in mind that I'm in the US and do not have insurance. Any info/advise would be great... I'm really trying not to google, but fear I might soon.

kinnygirl1
28-08-11, 20:31
Hi there

Could it be ectopic beats? They often feel like a thud sensation and I have been told that it is due to anxiety. Happens to me all the time and I think usually when at rest. I also thought it couldn't be stress because I didn't feel particularly anxious when they happened but my doc says that it is due to your body being in an anxious state and noticing things that you normally wouldn't. Apparantly they are normal and harmless but it is scary isn't it?

x