PDA

View Full Version : help panic

Mamfa85
29-08-11, 05:43
Im full of cold its slowly going away,i have been clearing my throat and getting all kinds of horribleness up ,even a little bit of blood which the doctor said was fine,now i was laying in bed and had two sharp pains in my chest which has started my worry about lung canacer again,anybody know the symptoms of lung cancer without worrying me :(i seem to think its this because its a big fear as i smoke :(

Anxious_gal
29-08-11, 05:52
Chest pain is harmless really, you got two sharp pains, more than likely just a random pain.
Also having a cold wouldn't help.
Lung cancer would show up on a chest x ray and also in blood work.
I smoke too, I had a chest x ray a few times for various reasons and they were clear, also had blood work done too.
That would help reassure you if by chance you had any done recently.

Try not to think of the worst, if you told a doctor you had 2 sharp chest pains, he would never assume it was lung cancer.
It's just health anxiety makes you think of the worst possible thing.

the pain too could be caused by your cold and coughing, when ever I had a cough or a chest infection I would get sharp pains in my chest when I coughed.

You'll be fine, also try to stop smoking, Alan Carrs easy way to stop smoking, book is rather good : )

Mamfa85
29-08-11, 05:56
thanks i keep worrying because i have such a horrible cold and coughed p horrible stuff im now worried about my lungs ,i hate smoking now but when i quit i have massive panic attacks :(

Anxious_gal
29-08-11, 06:23
Yeah me too, hoping to stop though..... lol don't know when that will happen!
Smokin when you have a cough will make your chest hurt too, your body is just cough up all the gunk, also you can get a cough when you stop smoking as your body clears out your lungs.

what colour stuff did you cough up?
Sorry your not feeling too well at the moment, I hate being sick as it sets off my anxiety :(

Mamfa85
29-08-11, 07:30
hi i coughed up horrible brown yellow sticky lumps and they had a small lump of blood in them i have been to the doctor and he says its fine,i just thought it was a lot to keep coughing up,me too every time im ill i go in panic mode,its silly but i cant help it :(,i wish i just thought oh well i have a cold,to me its always a worry its something horrible:(

swgrl09
29-08-11, 19:40
I have had the same thing. If you are coughing a lot, it is normal to feel pain in your chest - it is probably just from overusing the muscles in your chest/ribs when you are coughing. It usually goes away for me after I take cough medicine and let my chest rest a little bit. Same goes for the blood. Being sick, and especially coughing, aggravates your throat and it is common for there to be blood in mucus. I'd give it a few days, if there is blood after your cold goes away then go back to the doctor.