PDA

View Full Version : Cytoscopy tomorrow

countrygirl
29-08-11, 16:51
I really really don't want to go. I have got diazepam to take about half hour before I get there but with me the effect wears off in an hour so hoping I don't have to hang around as my pulse will go beserk.

I am worrying that they will puncture my bladder/ that I will get an infection/ that it will be so painful to wee afterwards and it will not go away in a day or so like everyone says etc etc.

I am going to tell them that I have severe anxiety with anything medical and hope they are sympathetic.

cathycrumble
29-08-11, 17:33
Hi dont worry I had this done as I had a water infection last september I was terified like you but thy numb the area my doc even showed me my blader on the screen. it is painfull to wee wen u get home but jst take painkillers. good luck. lol I was more worried getting me blood pressure done when I arrived lol.

cathy xx

countrygirl
29-08-11, 19:06
Thanks Cathy. I have just spoken to my husbands Aunty and she has had 8 cystoscopies so far as she had urethral stenosis ( narrowing) and gets constant water infections and she said she now has to self catheterise every night to empty her bladder to try and prevent infection, she said the proceedure itself is uncomfortable due to the water in the bladder while they look around and she got a bit of blood and bit of stinging for 24 hrs afterwrads. She has had some cystoscopies done under ga while they try and stretch her urethra!!!!!!!!!!!
Made me feel a right wuss for worrying about tomorow

shep
29-08-11, 20:37
Hi there good luck for tomorrow although I know you wont need it. You will be absoutely fine, remember the consultant is an expert so there is minimal risk of anything gong wrong. Am sure you will be back at home tomorrow evening like nothing out of the ordinary has happened despite maybe a little discomfort.
A

Ambers
29-08-11, 21:12
Hi - just to let you know I had one a couple of years ago - I hate hospitals. However I don't remember any pain at all apart from my tears of nervousness. Not comfty thing but the surgeon showed me the inside of my bladder and it was reassuring when he said all looked normal. I suffer from persistant cystisis - reason why I had it. No pain afterwards but I may a bled a little. HTH - good luck you will be fine x

Diva
29-08-11, 21:42
Hi Countrygirl

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - all will be well.

Why not tell them when you get there that you have anxiety and could they do their best not to delay so the diazepam doesn't have time to wear off.

Make sure you have a nice restful evening afterward, feet up and lots of tlc.

Let us know how you get on.

Love

Donna

bronte
30-08-11, 00:03
good luck for tomorrow im sure you be fine let me know how you get on i havent been too good the last few days x

LittleMissPanicky
30-08-11, 07:58
Good luck Countrygirl, i'm sure everything will be fine and your in expert hands xxxxx

countrygirl
30-08-11, 12:58
Well I had it done - the test was fine nothing to bother about and no pain at all - the Dr was lovely but my heart rate was sky high and bp top reading was high as well but they weren't bothered.

The after effects are as everyone says not brilliant, stings when you wee and heavy ache in bladder region. Just hope it improves by tomorrow. Drinking loads to keep bladder flushed.

Good news is that bladder fine - I also had renal ultrasound as well and that was fine. I do have skin changes due to menopause but getting presc for that.

Of course until the ache and stinging goes away I will be worring about infection but at least its over and done with.

Huge thanks everyone foryour support really appreciate it.

Jayne sorry you are having a bad time - pm me.

cathycrumble
30-08-11, 13:33
So glad for you countrygirl bril news. I was exactly like you my heart was pounding and my bp was high i was more worried about the bp as I have a bp phobia only developed it when i went in hospital with my water infection. lol. You will be back to normal tomorrow as you know plenty of water. good luck

Cathy xx

bluetopazgirl
30-08-11, 13:37
so glad all went well for you and i wish you a speedy recovery xxx

simi
30-08-11, 19:21
Good luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you x

LittleMissPanicky
30-08-11, 20:43
Glad everything went ok and that everything was clear, hope your not feeling too bad and that you can relax a bit more now xxxx

Diva
30-08-11, 21:47
Proud of you, and so glad all was well!

I'd be really interested to know what meds you are prescribed for the skin.

Time for pampering now!

Best love

Donna

Ddcoo
31-08-11, 10:09
So pleased it is all over and it won't be long before the discomfort goes when you wee. Did they give you an antibiotic to take afterwards? They did with me, but I did have a water infection at the time anyway. Now try and relax lol:)

countrygirl
31-08-11, 10:35
I wasn't given an antibiotic, they said unless you have an infection when you have the proceedure there is only a 1% risk of getting an infection fron the scope so they just say drink lots of water for 24 hrs after to flush your bladder out. Fingers crossed!

The treatment for the caruncle is either hrt or topical oestogen as the cause is lack of oestrogen. I cannot use hrt so am getting presc for a "lady pessary" instead. I was told you do not absorb any of the pessary and its safe to give to people with breast cancer.