PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

welchy
10-04-04, 12:57
Hi my name is Welchy I am a 22 year old engineer from Birkenhead. I have always had mild controlable panic but recently they have become much worse. I now have deppression which i am trying to beat without any prescribed drugs as i am scared to take them. I am so glad I found this site it is helping me just by reading everyones messages. I dont feel like I'm loosing my marbles any more.

Welchy x

red
10-04-04, 13:11
Hi Welchy, welcome aboard!

Glad you are finding the site helpful - I'm sure you will find that even more so as time goes on. The people on here are great, the information on here is fantastic. It does help, doesn't it, to know that you are not on your own and not going mad?!:)

I'm just down the road from you - in Warrington - don't think anyone else is as close on this site! Keep posting and keep asking questions - the better you will feel.

Take care.

Red
x

welchy
10-04-04, 13:17
Thanks red I've been glued to my computer for a couple of days now but just couldn't find the words to post anything I'm so glad i did its brilliant to have replies off people that know what your talking about, my partner tells me to just get on with it.

Welchy x

imported_n/a
10-04-04, 13:38
hi there welchy nice to have you here i have only been here 3 days and i dont feel as isolated great site great people chin up talk soon darren

sarah
10-04-04, 13:41
Hey Welchy

Welcome to the site!!!
Im glad you feel better knowing there's loads of us out there who know exactly how you feel! Have a good look round the site, ask anything you want and feel free to offload on us anytime :)

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
10-04-04, 14:11
Hi Welchy

Welcome to the site.

Have you tried any natural remedies? Look at the website page - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/remedies.htm there is also a topic on here about it.

Take care and chat more soon.

Nicola

pips
10-04-04, 21:08
Hi Welchy,

Wecome : - ]

I have only just found this site a few weeks ago but there's loads of great advice and info.

I suffer with anxiety panic & a mild depression so i know what its like.

I know what u mean about medication though. i rely on the natural remedies now & i think they do help. whether it's pysological or not i don't know but if it works who am i to argue with my brain!

I hope u r feeling better & remember u r not alone!

Take Care & Stay POSITIVE!

Pip's XX

Meg
13-04-04, 15:19
Dear Welchy,

Most peoples reaction is 'get a grip' . I was so good at getting a grip- constantly , I ended up with panic.

You can do without medicine or you can take it to help you have a ' break ' from panic. Depression is often linked. 60% of peole have both. Often get depressed after feeling anxiety is limiting them so much.

If you're coping , the without meds is possible- keep believing that you are not losing any marbles - I was totally convinced I was and it turns out I wasn't at all and I am as I was before.

Check out the website pages linked to this. Try natural herbal remedies if you want a boost but not anything strong.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Laurie28
13-04-04, 15:27
Hiya Welchy,

Welcome!!!

I think it is easy for people to say - 'get a grip' I was told it a few times myself - along with 'whatever it is will pass'!!
I'm glad you feel less like you are loosing your marbles - I remember that feeling well and I must admit it was very hard to deal with.

This site is great and has been a life line for many of us who were really low through anxiety/panic/depression etc, it certainly does help that others understand. Feel free to ask us anything

Lucky

I'm glad you don't feel so much now that you are loosing your marbles